Thread: Dating issues
View Single Post
Old 17-01-16, 07:31 PM   #1
Zynx_
Approved Member

Default Dating issues

Hi,

This is my first time posting here as I'm struggling to know what I should do at the minute and am in need of some advice.

I have been in my current relationship for 4 months and, whilst having an off day, ended up telling my boyfriend about HD being in my family (I am at risk). He has reacted badly to the news, firstly becoming very upset and then questioning whether he wants to be in a relationship with me at all because of the worries he would have for the future.

It's now been a week since I told him, after continuous fighting and supporting him I'm no closer to understanding why he is feeling the way he is towards the situation. His main worry has been about his ability to support me in the future - I have told him that this is something which requires a lot of thought and cannot be decided only a week after finding out. Clearly his head is not in a 'rational thinking' state and I am struggling to make him see sense in any of this. I am trying to make him think more positively, encouraging him to believe that he can get through these worries but this is just met by very negative responses about how he knows how he's going to feel.

I asked him yesterday if he'd done any research into HD and he said that he'd been too frightened to Google it yet (adding to the fact that informed decisions cannot be made). I have sent him some useful links to information that's a bit easier to read, however he's not been able to face this yet. My plan is to sit down with him tomorrow to discuss everything properly.

I'm feeling completely lost here. I've tried everything that I can think of to make him understand that the worrying does subside but it's not getting through.

He's a really good guy and I can see a future for us. I'll try anything to convince him that this relationship is worth saving.

Any help here would be massively appreciated.
Zynx_ is offline   Reply With Quote