View Single Post
Old 29-01-17, 02:08 PM   #4
coco
Approved Member

Default Re: HD & CVS Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessipeachy View Post
Hi there,

My husband has the mutant Huntington's gene with a repeat of 43. We are both 30. We first tried the route of IVF w/ PGD, unfortunately we found out that I have a low egg reserve and that it would take probably 3 rounds of IVF until we were able to get enough eggs. Because of this, we have decided to go the natural route just once before going with IVF & PGD.

We were extremely lucky and after only a few months of trying, got pregnant and I am now 6 weeks, 4 days along.

If anyone has undergone CVS testing, what has your experience been like? Is Huntington's part of the FISH results that you can rush?

Thank you in advance!
Hi gabby,

I've just been through CVS I had posted a long post but it doesn't seem to have been publushed, if you still need info let me know, it's definately a rollercoster of emotions I wish you all the best, it wasn't a great outcome for me, wouldn't wish it on anyone, mainly you have to remember you'll be around 13 weeks when you have to make I discission on your pregnancy if you have a bad result, after 13 weeks the NHS trust will not perform a surgical termination and you'll have to deliver your baby, another option is to go through BPAS who will hopefully perform the surgical termination, I'm yet to have this confirmed by them,

Good luck xxxx
coco is offline   Reply With Quote