Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > New Members

New Members Introduce yourself, and get to know how the HDA Message Board works

Old 16-11-17, 03:13 PM   #1
Jeanie
Approved Member

Default Jeanie - New to all this

Hi everyone - I can honestly say I have never posted anything or joined a forum of any kind before and have been genetically diagnosed with HD in 2015. Which to be truthful was a massive shock and at the time I just accepted the diagnosis and ignored it. I had no symptoms but a lot of my mums reactions to things made a lot more sense as I had inherited it from her. 2 years later finds me struggling more cognitively at work and brought this all back. That's enough for today (little steps) but the good news is I haven't passed this on to my son so I am just concentrating on that for.
Jeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-17, 11:40 AM   #2
Gabby
Approved Member

Default Re: Jeanie - New to all this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
Hi everyone - I can honestly say I have never posted anything or joined a forum of any kind before and have been genetically diagnosed with HD in 2015. Which to be truthful was a massive shock and at the time I just accepted the diagnosis and ignored it. I had no symptoms but a lot of my mums reactions to things made a lot more sense as I had inherited it from her. 2 years later finds me struggling more cognitively at work and brought this all back. That's enough for today (little steps) but the good news is I haven't passed this on to my son so I am just concentrating on that for.
Hi Jeanie , talking or writing down your thoughts can sometimes help and lots of people with similar experiences on here to get advice from . My husband started issues at work a while back found change very hard talk to work about adapting you work/ load its a disability and they have to try to help disability discrimination etc. unless you feel you can't manage at all . See your GP too incase you need to have / change medication like antidepressants .

I' m glad your son is ok that is a relief I am sure to you .

take care Gabby
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-17, 07:16 PM   #3
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
Welcome to Messy Board Jeannie.
Old 21-11-17, 01:18 PM   #4
Jeanie
Approved Member

Hi Trish, Thanks for the welcome. Not a usual thing for me but there is always a first time for everything.
Old 22-11-17, 07:56 AM   #5
HerminiaValez

Hi Welcome :)
HerminiaValez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-17, 01:15 PM   #6
Jeanie
Approved Member

Hi Gabby. Good advise. I have seen my GP and new medications in place. I find this very difficult to talk about even to my Hubby. I have always managed to deal with all that has been thrown at me (that's another story) by myself. Work is being very unsympathetic and even after their Occupational Health agreed with my requests still refused to amend my duties. This is ongoing and just another stress (HD, whats that!). I am over the moon about my son and thankfully the buck stops here. Anyway I have some time off now so catching up on a few things to keep me occupied. I might get the knitting needles out. Very therapeutic..... Thanks Jeanie.