Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > New Members

New Members Introduce yourself, and get to know how the HDA Message Board works

Old 22-05-18, 08:42 PM   #1
MPB67

Default Hello everyone

Hi I知 new to had site. I had the blood test about 6 years ago and I was told i have the gene so I will get it at some point. I知 completely symptom free. I regularly go to see professor Roger Barker at Addenbrokes hospital for my checkups. I知 also on the world wide trial. Martin
MPB67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-18, 07:27 AM   #2
Tom B
Approved Member

Default Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPB67 View Post
Hi I知 new to had site. I had the blood test about 6 years ago and I was told i have the gene so I will get it at some point. I知 completely symptom free. I regularly go to see professor Roger Barker at Addenbrokes hospital for my checkups. I知 also on the world wide trial. Martin
Hi Martin,

My wife tested negative a couple of years ago. Her father had HD and his symptoms didn't start till his 70's. My wife had counselling from Addenbrookes, they were wonderful. Stay strong and keep your chin up! As you well know there are people out there trying to find a cure, it will happen!
Tom B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-18, 08:53 PM   #3
Cupcake
Approved Member

Default Re: Hello everyone

Welcome and sorry you have the gene.

My husband had the gene and sadly died a few years ago aged 54 yrs. He went to Addenbrooke Clinic - Prof Roger Barker is a marvellous man, and we were fortunate to have him on board with my husbands care - I could not thank him enough for all the times he helped sort out things for us. Going forward there is loads of trials and hope for the future. I have two sons in their late twenties untested at present, I pray every day for a break through.

I am sure you will find lots of help and support on this site.

Take care xx
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote