Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > UK legal, insurance, employment, benefits, statutory services

UK legal, insurance, employment, benefits, statutory services Advice offered by HDA Moderators relates to current UK law or guidelines

Old 25-02-13, 03:18 PM   #21
Trish
Approved Member

Default Re: E - Petition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Now at 1,762

Please keep signing and sharing and let's see if we can get it up to 1,800 by this time next week.

Sign HERE

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @TDainton
We are now at 1,784. Just 16 off our latest target.

Would be good to get a signature to represent the numbers of those diagnosed with HD at least (and we are talking over 8,000 here) so please do keep signing; sharing and banging the drum for HD
Old 25-02-13, 04:10 PM   #22
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Bumping up this thread.

We are currently at 1,611 signatures which is great but we do need more.

Also...

There will be a programme on Channel 4's Dispatches on Monday 25th which looks interesting. It is billed in TV Mags as this week but looks like a Horse Meat episode has been scheduled instead given it's hotter news right now.

'The Disability Living Allowance helps more than three million people lead useful lives. It pays for transport and carers, meaning that disabled people can work and lead independent lives.

But the benefit bill has to be cut, and the government plans to take more than half a million claimants off DLA. What will that mean for those who depend on it?

Talking to fellow Paralympians, disabled army veterans and disabled people in work, wheelchair basketball ace Ade Adepitan goes in search of answers, and asks if this hugely ambitious and expensive plan to reassess disabled people has been properly thought through.'
Just to bump this up.

For anyone who doesn't know my personal position, I receive no benefits whatsoever. My Class 2 NI stamps didn't count as a carer and I have a little bit of savings/pension from Hubs which I am expected to live on until I get a job or die whichever comes soonest. I am not classed as disabled, nor have I ever sought to be. I am likely to need a wheelchair at some stage where my back is deteriorating but will cross that bridge (or should that be wheel myself over it lol) when I get there. Just thought I'd mention as this isn't a personal campaign against HMG/DWP.

The channel 4 programme I mentioned will be on tonight DISPATCHES - 8PM CHANNEL 4
Old 02-03-13, 08:43 AM   #23
Trish
Approved Member

Currently at 1,814 signatures. Can we make it 2,000 by Monday?

Quote:
I have started up an E-Petition regarding recognising HD when it comes to the Work Capability Assessments.

Could you all please sign (UK Voters only I'm afraid).

SIGN HERE

The text of my petition is given below and, under that, is the article link to what prompted me to start my petition.

I apologise in advance to the HDA if this is somehow at odds with what they may be doing in the background. I hope it can be seen as another way of trying to get awareness. I don't expect to reach the 100,000 signatures level but it is still a platform to add weight to the cause.

Please share in Facebook; Linked in and on Twitter if possible

Huntington’s disease - Recognised and considered appropriately for benefits.

-------

Responsible department: Department for Work and Pensions

With the call by Cheryl Gillan for claimants with Autism to be treated differently under the work capability assessment tests, we call for those claiming for Huntington’s disease (HD) to also be granted special treatment ‘so that it is fair and appropriate for claimants’.

HD is an inherited brain disease for which there is no cure. Classed as ‘rare’, the lack of informed medical knowledge about HD can lead to misunderstanding of its likely progression. Those diagnosed currently have a life expectancy of below 20 years from symptom onset.

The government previously singled out HD in the case of insurance. Having already decided positive testing means a life is of limited timescale, we urge the government to recognise the need to streamline the benefits process for those suffering and their carers.

-----

Taken from ARTICLE on MSN

'Tory former Cabinet minister Cheryl Gillan said she was concerned about the treatment of people with autism. "The National Autistic Society ... believes the WCA should be delivered differently so that it is fair and appropriate for claimants with autism," she said.'
Old 05-03-13, 11:16 AM   #24
Trish
Approved Member

Now at 1,836

Please keep signing and sharing.

As I mentioned to Paula previously, it's great to get the link in new places as people can only sign the once.

Thank you again Paula (that made a big difference that weekend) and all of you

Sign HERE
Old 17-03-13, 11:39 AM   #25
Trish
Approved Member

Now at 1,963 signatures.

Let's see if we can make it 2,000 by the end of the weekend

Sign HERE
Old 23-03-13, 03:51 PM   #26
Trish
Approved Member

Now at 2,069 signatures.

Please keep signing, sharing and caring. We are aiming for at least 10,000 signatures so have a way to go but every signature counts

If signing, please be aware you need to verify the signature via the link which will be sent to you at the e-mail address you entered for the signature to count.

Thank you to those who have already signed, apologies to those who wish they could but are not eligible.

View the full petition and sign HERE
Old 28-03-13, 08:30 AM   #27
Trish
Approved Member

Now at 2,124 signatures.

Please keep signing, sharing and caring. We are aiming for at least 10,000 signatures so have a way to go but every signature counts

If signing, please be aware you need to verify the signature via the link which will be sent to you at the e-mail address you entered for the signature to count.

Thank you to those who have already signed, apologies to those who wish they could but are not eligible.

Old 06-04-13, 08:15 AM   #28
Trish
Approved Member

Bumpety, Bumpety time.

Quote:
Now at 2,243 signatures.

Old 18-04-13, 02:19 PM   #29
Trish
Approved Member

I hope that we can get at least 2,500 by May.

Please PLEASE consider signing and sharing widely for more signatures if possible.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/44660
Old 22-04-13, 07:45 AM   #30
Trish
Approved Member

Morning everyone!

We are now on 2,340 signatures out of 100,000 needed by Jan 2014 to get the petition 'considered' for debate in the House of Commons.

See Petition HERE

Impossible? Maybe, but that shouldn't stop us trying!.

We are 2,340 signatures out of 10,000 needed by Jan 2014 to attract attention and get a possible 'response' in writing.

Impossible? We are nearly a quarter of the way there so it's very possible

We are 2,340 out of the 2,500 I personally now want to aim for in Steve's memory by 14th May 2013. That's the day we would have been celebrating Steve's 52nd Birthday.

Impossible? NO. It's very possible with your help

However, we are currently averaging around 4 signatures a day now despite advertising on here; Facebook; on other media and sending out many Tweets. To get my 2,500 target I need to get around 8 signatures a day

Where people can only sign the once that limits the signing power of you guys where I know you would have signed every day if you could have.

That said, if you haven't yet signed please PLEASE do sign. It only takes a few minutes. Please also make sure if you have signed that your signature has been verified by clicking on the link they would have e-mailed to you. It's worth trying to sign again if you are not sure. If your signature has gone through it will tell you it's already been cast against the petition.

Please PLEASE send the link and mention the petition to everyone you know in order to urge them to sign.

The full link is http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/44660

Add me on TWITTER @TDainton My Twitter account also has my Blog page where you can find out more details on why I felt moved to raise an e-petition in the first place.