Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > UK legal, insurance, employment, benefits, statutory services

UK legal, insurance, employment, benefits, statutory services Advice offered by HDA Moderators relates to current UK law or guidelines

Old 29-07-08, 11:04 PM   #31
myrna
Approved Member

Send a message via Yahoo to myrna
Default Re: It's over, we have a cure!!!

Then they are the ones who should be blasted for exploiting the innocent.
Old 29-07-08, 11:06 PM   #32
just1moreperson
Approved Member

Send a message via Yahoo to just1moreperson

I gave them a mouthful :P
just1moreperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-08, 11:07 PM   #33
katiepie
Approved Member

I agree with both views, I feel this woman is probably being exploited but if not and she really wants to share her idea. Even tho untrue, and it gives her a smile, aww I'm beginning to crumble.

Just as long as some jumped up medical student dosn't quote it at me, i'm oki.

Kath
katiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-08, 03:50 PM   #34
Toni
Approved Member

Those videos are so sad. My aunt is just like her, she has obvious symptoms but cannot see them herself at all. My aunt has said she will fight HD. We all know that can't happen.

I feel so sorry for that lady, why would her friends and family let her think she has cured herself when she clearly hasn't?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-08, 04:09 PM   #35
myrna
Approved Member

Send a message via Yahoo to myrna

It seems sad that they would let her think that way but I think why not. If it makes her feel happy then why take it away with the gloom of the truth. Theres no need to make her unhappy on purpose.

Besides if she was determined & set about it, they probably didn't have much choice but to support her or go against her & we all know what a bad idea that can be.

I doubt many people would take it serious & if they did, cutting out caffine wouldn't be dangerous. The withdrawals I know of are headaches & they pass.
Thats my thoughts on it anyway.
Old 30-07-08, 04:44 PM   #36
Patrick
Approved Member

It reminds me of that movie, My Big Fat Greek Wedding where the father swears by 'Windex' as being the cure for everything, you see him spraying it of ppl's bruises and head when theyve got headaches, etc, I love that movie. I actually didnt realise that Windex was a real life product until I moved in the states - I thought it was made up for the movie, there you go a bit of movie trivia for you :)
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote