Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Research, drugs, treatment, new diagnosis

Research, drugs, treatment, new diagnosis Forum for medical issues, and for the recently diagnosed (and families)

Old 13-12-17, 07:39 PM   #11
Trish
Approved Member

Default Re: New trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Haha Thanks Trish for the info! , great to see you're still on the message board! :)
I am always up for a 'Laydees what do lunch' - havent seen you for a good old while, and I think I still have me high heels from last time... ;)
Let me know when you have more details, (or point me to another thread with all the details in it)
Good to hear you still have the heels. Between us (me in mine and you in yours we may be able to reach the bar level.)

That said... always a good excuse to send DH to the bar as he doesn't need to jump. And don't faint but I have not drank alcohol since 25 Feb 2011 I am good with soft drinks and coffee though so still go into pubs on the odd occasion.

Nothing sorted just yet as I am going to work on how to organise and how widely advertise but I will get in touch as soon as I have a plan. Will contact on FB too
Old 20-12-17, 05:25 PM   #12
keith marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange<3 View Post
Brilliant break through on the news today about hopefully slowing the disease. Does anyone know how to sign up for the trial for this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42308341#share-tools
Hi not been on here for some time My wife was diagnosed in January this year but has had symptoms for some time possibly nearly twenty years just didn't want to know shes now 59 ,saw the news about results of trial 1 brilliant would like it if my wife could get onto phase 2 to halt the progress until the stem cell treatment is available (huntingtons news weekly) i think she may be too far gone to benefit but we live in hope ,all said this is fantastic news for everyone and brings a glimmer of hope for a cure for a terrible illness
keith marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-17, 07:48 PM   #13
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith marshall View Post
Hi not been on here for some time My wife was diagnosed in January this year but has had symptoms for some time possibly nearly twenty years just didn't want to know shes now 59 ,saw the news about results of trial 1 brilliant would like it if my wife could get onto phase 2 to halt the progress until the stem cell treatment is available (huntingtons news weekly) i think she may be too far gone to benefit but we live in hope ,all said this is fantastic news for everyone and brings a glimmer of hope for a cure for a terrible illness
Hi Keith

Always worth making enquiries but I believe the phase 2 is targeting those at early or pre-symptomatic stage.

If Steve was still here with me though I would also be making enquiries but Steve was reluctant to try new things as HD progressed and I took the view we were better off focusing on quality of life as opposed to quantity. Not easy though to feel things are so close and yet out of reach.