Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > New Members

New Members Introduce yourself, and get to know how the HDA Message Board works

Old 27-10-17, 10:23 PM   #1
Allan
Approved Member

Default New members????????????? I think not!

Is there an SHDA or Moderator logged in tonight? I noticed the following "new members" registering earlier tonight:

gqbswteouq, isarztgzb1, jdyhuigzw4, noxwtgcpze, ofcsbsy793, svevgzt360, sxedeulmgx, txcgpoyjyn, urawac3537, vapyrtt615, zcekapq170

I've just come online again and discovered these "Active Users":

adpnoyl256, dieskeoer4, fbghfauftu, jmldqbqxv1, qcexluf693, yryaqyr252

I'm no longer able to contact the Webmaster as that info is no longer given on the website. Something is definitely not kosher, genuine, ok

Please fix whatever is happening.

Old 28-10-17, 10:02 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: New members????????????? I think not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Is there an SHDA or Moderator logged in tonight? I noticed the following "new members" registering earlier tonight:

gqbswteouq, isarztgzb1, jdyhuigzw4, noxwtgcpze, ofcsbsy793, svevgzt360, sxedeulmgx, txcgpoyjyn, urawac3537, vapyrtt615, zcekapq170

I've just come online again and discovered these "Active Users":

adpnoyl256, dieskeoer4, fbghfauftu, jmldqbqxv1, qcexluf693, yryaqyr252

I'm no longer able to contact the Webmaster as that info is no longer given on the website. Something is definitely not kosher, genuine, ok

Please fix whatever is happening.

These are always lurking around and were even when Marc was keeping an eye on things. I will report it on Monday and try to find out who they are. They will never be able to post on the MB though.
Old 16-11-17, 01:54 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
These are always lurking around and were even when Marc was keeping an eye on things. I will report it on Monday and try to find out who they are. They will never be able to post on the MB though.
An update to confirm that the HDA IT guys have said that a forum like this will always attract spammers. There is not much anyone can do about it but the good thing is that as posts are tightly moderated, they will never be approved and therefore never be able to post.

Hopefully this will reassure members.
Old 16-11-17, 11:23 PM   #4
Cupcake
Approved Member

Thank you for update - initial registrations I can’t remember register, post, and the first two have to be authorised before showing.?
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-17, 11:57 AM   #5
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
Thank you for update - initial registrations I can’t remember register, post, and the first two have to be authorised before showing.?
From my understanding CC, although I hope the Mods will correct if I am wrong, the registration is the initial part and any Tom; Dick or Harriett can register.

To participate in the Board itself there should be three posts submitted. These give an indication as to the new user's likely need for/intentions when joining. The posts therefore help the Mods kind of decide if it's a bona fide person likely to use the Board appropriately.

The three posts (or earlier I think if the Mod is satisfied it's legit/merited enough to release early) then appear and once posts have met the criteria the user/Member then becomes an Approved Member.

Approved Members can then create and respond to posts as and when they like but subject to the terms and conditions that govern the Board.
Old 17-11-17, 01:34 PM   #6
Ruth
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi
Trish has explained this well – before anyone can actually post live on the message board 3 posts (it has to be 3) have to be approved by a moderator. This means that any spam is deleted before it gets to the board.

Ruth
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-17, 06:05 PM   #7
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Hi
Trish has explained this well – before anyone can actually post live on the message board 3 posts (it has to be 3) have to be approved by a moderator. This means that any spam is deleted before it gets to the board.

Ruth
Thanks Ruth

I think my confusion around the 3 posts being an absolute minimum comes from where I have been looking back on threads I have posted in and seen something like

Quote:
Mummy2bubaG

The Thread is here http://hdmessageboard.com/showpost.p...93&postcount=1

Sure enough, the person who posted this does not come under the list of Members http://hdmessageboard.com/memberlist...e&ltr=M&page=4

If they have posted 1 post (as the quote above states) then how come their post appears? Looks like 1 post and no Approved Member status. There's quite a few like that I think.

Do you agree/do the Mod's agree it suggests posts are getting through without the 3 minimum rule or am I missing something?
Old 19-11-17, 08:05 AM   #8
Ruth
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi Trish

It will show as 'Posts 1' when their first post has been approved. If they go on to post again it will show as 'Posts 2'.....so these posts have been through the moderation process.

Ruth
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-17, 07:12 PM   #9
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Hi Trish

It will show as 'Posts 1' when their first post has been approved. If they go on to post again it will show as 'Posts 2'.....so these posts have been through the moderation process.

Ruth
Thanks Ruth