Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Testing, or at risk

Testing, or at risk Discuss testing for Huntington’s disease, and living with the risk of HD

Old 16-02-10, 10:03 PM   #1
waz1980
Approved Member

Default Mini rant

Been having a few bad days and need to let off some steam. Some days I still convince myself I have HD, despite any real proof and being told I am not showing symptoms.
I was convinced the other day that I had MS, which is similar to HD but I think it h,as a few differences. I wish I was not the worlds biggest hypercondriac!
I have never be able to handle stress well and as far as I can remember back, at least 15 years, I have suffered very mild depression. I went to uni when I was 21 (8 years ago) as I hated my life then and just wanted to do something different. I used to come home from uni/work and have an afternoon nap, which I rarely do nowadays.

I just want an easy life, yeah ha!
waz1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-10, 10:25 PM   #2
Blondie
Approved Member

Default Re: Mini rant

Hello,I'm new here but feel free to rant away!!My 17 year old daughter does have JHD which is very hard to watch.I suspected since she was 9 but wasn't 'officially' diagnosed until she was 15.I know it's hard for you if you are at risk,but don't let this illness take anymore than it has to of your life.Enjoy it as much as you can,your parents would want that,especially the parent who has HD.We all get depressed,trust me I know,but speaking as a parent please take each day as it comes and live.My daughter carn't.
Blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-10, 10:57 PM   #3
Scarlett D.
Approved Member

Hi Wayne, I am sorry that you are going through a bad time. And please don't worry about having a vent, that is what we are all here for!

It is natural to "symptom pick", and I think most of us have done it at some point or another. It also sounds perfectly understandable, that you would fear that there might be another explanation - such as MS - for "symptoms" which your doctor said were not caused by HD.

You have been through a big trauma, what with you only recently discovering that your mum has HD.

I get what you are saying about wanting an easy life, but sadly I think that sometimes we have to just try our best to deal with whatever crap life throws at us.

Anyway, I am thinking of you.

Take Care,
Scarlett
Scarlett D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-10, 01:45 AM   #4
just1moreperson
Approved Member

Send a message via Yahoo to just1moreperson

Wayne you will have ups and downs, at the moment you seem to be looking for a disease to have, I wouldn't bother. You're already at 50% risk for one pretty terrible disease and that's more than enough to worry about. We will have some good chats at the conference in 10 days and hopefully you will come away feeling better and worrying less.
just1moreperson is offline   Reply With Quote