Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > New Members

New Members Introduce yourself, and get to know how the HDA Message Board works

Old 21-12-15, 01:23 AM   #1
delfinium
Approved Member

Default Ms

I have so much to learn about being patient and understanding. I feel so guilty. I got mad with my 24yr old son for not understanding what he was saying to his 10 years younger brother. Finding it less easier to deal with teenage hormones and changes due to HD. The two should not be in the same house!! I feel like the worst mother ever. Not easy dealing with this at all. WHY!!! :mad
delfinium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-15, 01:33 PM   #2
banda
Approved Member

Default Re: Ms

You're neither mad nor bad just trying to cope with difficult times and like the rest of us sometimes getting it wrong....or not...if older son was really inappropriate then I think he should be told that...younger son though is also old enough to either stop the conversation or walk away from the inappropriate. It isn't always OK to ignore or walk away....
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-15, 05:29 PM   #3
Gabby
Approved Member

Arghh teenagers are hard enough can't imagine how hard to deal with a son a young adult with HD I am sure you are doing a great job in difficult circumstances .. at 14 the younger? He probably understands its his brothers illness not him . xx

Take Care
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-15, 12:42 PM   #4
glasshalffull
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfinium View Post
I have so much to learn about being patient and understanding. I feel so guilty. I got mad with my 24yr old son for not understanding what he was saying to his 10 years younger brother. Finding it less easier to deal with teenage hormones and changes due to HD. The two should not be in the same house!! I feel like the worst mother ever. Not easy dealing with this at all. WHY!!! :mad
Dealing with the both must be so hard, each has his own problems and issues, but so do you, if you become ill or unable to cope it will all fall apart. Maybe you need to tell your boys how you feel, and how much harder it is made by what is happening between them. I have a daughter with HD and a 13yr old and five year old grandchildren, some days i get so mad with the situation I did not intend to be raising another family at my age. if you ever need to sound off just send me a message. xxx
glasshalffull is offline   Reply With Quote