Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Young People

Young People For young people under the age of 35 to share experiences, information and ideas

Old 01-02-16, 01:29 AM   #1
toosh
Approved Member

Default Lily - Lecs

Hi Lily
I have just been reading your post about support ( Can't find it) and how you are struggling to know what support you need.

I don't know whether you use Facebook? But I was going to suggest it might be an option for you to have a sort of social life without actually needed to meet in person.

As you write such brilliant posts on here it might be something to consider. I actually find its my way of keeping in touch with everyone without the hassle of leaving the house.
toosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 05:43 PM   #2
Gabby
Approved Member

Default Re: Lily - Lecs

Hi Lily I agree with Toosh great way of keeping in contact and you have a lot to share, your story will help/ inspire others too xx

Take care
Gabby
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 05:50 PM   #3
LECS
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosh View Post
Hi Lily
I have just been reading your post about support ( Can't find it) and how you are struggling to know what support you need.

I don't know whether you use Facebook? But I was going to suggest it might be an option for you to have a sort of social life without actually needed to meet in person.

As you write such brilliant posts on here it might be something to consider. I actually find its my way of keeping in touch with everyone without the hassle of leaving the house.
Thanks Toosh. I can write well although I'm slow and write in Pages first and then copy and paste onto the message board because I have losts so many messages before pressing post! but I struggle to read, I only skim read messages and don't understand everything said especially Prof. Allan, so I think Facebook would be difficult plus I forget after I've posted that I've written something. I think I would like some face to face contact although it's not been successful the past few years I am ever hopeful that there is someone out there who I can like and vice versa. Thanks for thinking of me. I currently waiting for social to get in touch, we shall see. Love Lily
LECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 07:23 PM   #4
Allan
Approved Member

Hi all

I think I'm in the right category here.

I’m surprised that we haven’t been made aware of this new HDYO venture: http://en.hdyo.org/land

I came across it on Steven Beatty’s excellent website: www.insidehd.com

I’ve kept this message short having just seen that Lily’s been “telling me off”.

Now, do I have to say to Lily that I've just written that in good humour. If it was my son he would think that I was "having a go at him" - it's how HD works sometimes.

S used to be an avid reader but no longer. He finds it very difficult to scan text on a page or screen from left to right, down, left to right, down, etc. He loses track, forgets - and has to start all over again.

Old 01-02-16, 11:50 PM   #5
toosh
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LECS View Post
Thanks Toosh. I can write well although I'm slow and write in Pages first and then copy and paste onto the message board because I have losts so many messages before pressing post! but I struggle to read, I only skim read messages and don't understand everything said especially Prof. Allan, so I think Facebook would be difficult plus I forget after I've posted that I've written something. I think I would like some face to face contact although it's not been successful the past few years I am ever hopeful that there is someone out there who I can like and vice versa. Thanks for thinking of me. I currently waiting for social to get in touch, we shall see. Love Lily
Hi Lily
I understand where you are coming from my hubby struggles to read now. He was such an avid reader (mostly books on wars)

The good thing with facebook is it can be quite humourous too. You can share photos and view other peoples photos like our lovely Jaq's pictures of her gorgeous garden and flowers so it doesn't need to be all reading and txt.

You can also look at your history to check what you have previously posted. There are lots of posts about current issues / research on HD too.

You could always give it a go and if it doesn't work for you, you can just leave,
Mind you if you are anything like me with technology you will need the help of your kids to set you up. I had to get my niece to help me initially. It would be good to connect with you but I totally understand if you are not interested xxx
toosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 12:11 AM   #6
LECS
Approved Member

No worries Allan you made me smile! Then I saw your next sentence and you made me smile again, realising your comment had the potential to do either and I totally get what your son is saying but no, this time it made me smile. Thanks.
LECS is offline   Reply With Quote