Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups

Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups Tell us about your UK fundraising activities and local meetings

Old 20-01-18, 09:00 PM   #1
Nutty sarah
Approved Member

Default Charity hair shave

I have a week until my shave. So far I have raised nearly £1300. I have half a page spread in the local newspaper I'm feeling very proud of what I am doing for this charity
Nutty sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-18, 10:33 PM   #2
Nutty sarah
Approved Member

Default Re: Charity hair shave

My piece is in the bury free press. Title of article is celebrities sign up to help Sarah's raffle. Please go on line and take a look
Old 21-01-18, 09:37 AM   #3
banda
Approved Member

Well done and thank you...it all helps and such a brave act.
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-18, 12:15 PM   #4
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty sarah View Post
My piece is in the bury free press. Title of article is celebrities sign up to help Sarah's raffle. Please go on line and take a look

Hi Sarah

Hope you got the signed books I sent via HDA.

Good luck with the event and well done again for organising.

I have put a linky HERE to that article if anyone wants to take a read.
Old 22-01-18, 07:53 PM   #5
Gabby
Approved Member

Quote:
Well done on all your fundraising efforts you are very brave to shave xx

Gabby
x
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-18, 06:00 PM   #6
Nutty sarah
Approved Member

Thank you all. Well tomorrow is my big day now. A big cheer for our charity. U deserve every penny I raise and more
Old 26-01-18, 06:01 PM   #7
Nutty sarah
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Hi Sarah

Hope you got the signed books I sent via HDA.

Good luck with the event and well done again for organising.

I have put a linky HERE to that article if anyone wants to take a read.
Ah Trish yes thank you and read my copy. U are an amazing author. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Love sarah
Old 27-01-18, 02:05 PM   #8
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Ah Trish yes thank you and read my copy. U are an amazing author. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Love sarah
Thank you Sarah.

So glad you got the books and thanks for remembering today.

Hope today goes well and that you have a hat for laters as it is rather nippy today
Old 28-01-18, 11:12 AM   #9
Nutty sarah
Approved Member

Trish. One of very close friends won your book. Her husband sat reading a few last night at the party. Hr said wow he wants to read it all. It made him very emotional and when I showed him how happy I was that someone close to me won it due to the date his wife cried and said she will cherish it. Then their friend asked if he could read it after. Yesterday for me was glorious, hope for you it was of memories. I'm glad u contacted me I feel I have a friend now that understands. Your amazing love Sarah
Old 28-01-18, 02:30 PM   #10
Trish
Approved Member

Bless you Sarah

It's lovely that your very close friend won the book and that others are asking to read it. When I get posts/feedback like yours with people's reaction it makes all the hard work and emotion that went into creating the book worth it.

I work in Mental Health now as a Clerk who sits in on MH Tribunals. I often wonder if people would section me if they knew about all the spooky things that happen or have happened in my life that cannot be explained conventionally. They would probably not believe me... See link below for an Angelversay blog I did a while back.

COINCIDENCE OR SIXTH SENSE?

I have no doubt that it was more than coincidence that the book remained within the HD network as it were, and that those close to you will be getting a third party take on HD and just how complex and devastating it can be for all the different players.

I am so glad yesterday was glorious. I hope there were lots of photos etc taken and maybe HDA can run a feature in their next Newsletter?

The funds raised will be very welcome and the awareness potential will have been priceless!

My day was quiet (as I like it now) although I was doing a bit of a tweetfest for the latest Angelversary blog

I'm glad too that we have been able to connect. You are a star for doing so much for the cause