Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > General HD topics

General HD topics Open forum for all other issues concerning Huntington’s disease

Old 27-10-12, 12:16 PM   #1
Trish
Approved Member

Default TTFN

As I just mentioned on my Curse in Verse Book Thread (any excuse for a plug) I am taking a break from Messy Board etc for a few weeks to focus on other things. Don't panic... I'm not writing another book about HD including articles about HD/Carer taboo subjects and bodily functions

That said... I have a few poems in mind which may appear on my Blog We are coming up to what would have been mine and Steves 24th wedding anniversary (Nov 25th) so I want to do a poem and possible YouTube slideshow for that day at least. 21 months today since Steve died bless him

Be back asap and don't do anything I wouldn't

TTFN
Old 27-10-12, 07:49 PM   #2
Eden
Approved Member

Default Re: TTFN

Bye for now Trish and very understandable you needing to do other things and important dates and anniversaries coming up in your life. Thanks for your kind words and advice. Take care.
Eden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-12, 08:01 AM   #3
lolly
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
As I just mentioned on my Curse in Verse Book Thread (any excuse for a plug) I am taking a break from Messy Board etc for a few weeks to focus on other things. Don't panic... I'm not writing another book about HD including articles about HD/Carer taboo subjects and bodily functions

That said... I have a few poems in mind which may appear on my Blog We are coming up to what would have been mine and Steves 24th wedding anniversary (Nov 25th) so I want to do a poem and possible YouTube slideshow for that day at least. 21 months today since Steve died bless him

Be back asap and don't do anything I wouldn't

TTFN
I just clicked on your blog and couldnt help but have a little weep so moved by your words. I wish you all the best with your future plans. And I really hope your okay approaching your wedding anniversary and Im so sorry for your loss.
Take care
Lolly xxx

Oh and hurry up back - you give the best advice x x (selfish I know but......)
lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-12, 09:29 AM   #4
Scooby
Approved Member

You will be missed Trish x

Take care and all the best for your future plans x

Sue xxx
Old 28-10-12, 01:11 PM   #5
jo
Approved Member

you take care trish love jo xx
jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-12, 07:25 PM   #6
Brian2001
Approved Member

Location: I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member...
Send a message via MSN to Brian2001

TTFN Trish, wishing you well.

Brian
Old 07-12-12, 12:06 AM   #7
DH
Approved Member

Has she really gone? Or is she just lurking in the wings waiting to bounce back?
Old 07-12-12, 09:04 PM   #8
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Has she really gone? Or is she just lurking in the wings waiting to bounce back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline View Post
Like Rocky she will be back.ah ah
Oi!

I don't do bouncing. I poke my head in now and then but I've been trying to focus on getting a job of late. May have to give up until the new year though. Or should that read give up full stop? Just waiting to hear if I have an apprenticeship to do admin at Royal College of Nursing. They don't seem too hopeful though and I found myself bursting into tears on the phone where I got so frustrated The apprenticeship was recommended by a trainer on a course I went on so it's not like I suddenly thought I was 16 again lol

As for the bouncing... My osteo results have come back bad and I have had to have my spine and neck XRay'd. I'm told I might not have noticed if I broke bones in my spine or neck Will now be on stronger meds if the GP signs it off on costs. Strontium Renelate

It (expletives) me off a bit that where I have had a bad back since I was knee high to a grasshopper (no jokes DH) I have always tended to put pain down to my scoliosis and having to reach awkwardly given my height issues. Without wanting to take anything away from someone genuinely disabled, I now find myself wondering if I would be better off ticking the 'disabled' box on application forms to guarantee getting through the door to be interviewed.

Right... Happy face on

Just gonna comment on another thread where I am told I get a namecheck and will promote the bookie while in here.

Oh

Jackie you crack me up It was Arnie who said "I'll be back". I think you are getting mixed up with Sly Stallone bless you