Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Diet, food, equipment

Diet, food, equipment Ask questions or pass on ideas about diet, food and equipment

Old 11-08-15, 04:15 PM   #21
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

Default Re: Peg feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraz View Post
Hi Amanda

So nice to hear that your brother is feeling happier and seems to be getting along with his PEG. That's so good to hear. However, I must take issue with you babes...surely eating is not his only pleasure....what about the joy he gets from seeing you - his beloved twin Good news all round I guess, coz you are obviously feeling more upbeat so your patients are...safe!! x

awwwww sweetie you're so lovely to me lol
His little face lights up when i walk into the room....yes i must admit lol but i think its more for the ROLO mousses I have in my hand than the snog i plaster on his mush hahahaha
Amanda Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-15, 04:44 PM   #22
shiraz
Approved Member

Hi Amanda

Ahh...the blessed joy that is chocolalala Where would we be without it. Ooh and tiramisu, semi-frozen. Totes amazeballs Then again...let me see...I think it might be...yes: wine o'clock!!....don't mind if I do x
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 09:03 AM   #23
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi Amanda

Ahh...the blessed joy that is chocolalala Where would we be without it. Ooh and tiramisu, semi-frozen. Totes amazeballs Then again...let me see...I think it might be...yes: wine o'clock!!....don't mind if I do x

oh my word semi frozen tiramisu WOW thats right up my street and Chris's tell you what i'll bring the wine you get the tiramisu and we will meet in the middle with 2 spoons lol x (JUST DON'T TELL CHRIS )
Old 12-08-15, 09:05 AM   #24
Cupcake
Approved Member

Shiraz I think that wine o'clock is getting earlier ?????🍷

Good to hear Chris is doing better, and happier with the current arrangements. I am following this progress, as although hubby is doing ok ish on a soft diet, he does need to be drinking 2-3 litres of fluid a day, which is not easy, especially when he is in sucking teeth scenario. This in turn gets him refusing to eat on regular basis.

Also good to hear from you Ian as well, with your views and what worked for your wife. I am sorry to read that she died 6 mths ago, and my condolences are with your family. I guess you did not post before, as you did not feel you needed our support, but have probably been looking in here, as you say there is still HD in the wider family, and we are here if you need us, and always grateful for any feedback on individual experiences.

Hope you are ok too Amanda, and looking after yourself, not joining Shiraz with too many 🍷🍷

Take care x
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-15, 09:11 AM   #25
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
Shiraz I think that wine o'clock is getting earlier ?????��

Good to hear Chris is doing better, and happier with the current arrangements. I am following this progress, as although hubby is doing ok ish on a soft diet, he does need to be drinking 2-3 litres of fluid a day, which is not easy, especially when he is in sucking teeth scenario. This in turn gets him refusing to eat on regular basis.

Also good to hear from you Ian as well, with your views and what worked for your wife. I am sorry to read that she died 6 mths ago, and my condolences are with your family. I guess you did not post before, as you did not feel you needed our support, but have probably been looking in here, as you say there is still HD in the wider family, and we are here if you need us, and always grateful for any feedback on individual experiences.

Hope you are ok too Amanda, and looking after yourself, not joining Shiraz with too many ����

Take care x

Hi Cupcake so lovely to hear from you x

I'm doing much better now Chris is settled again I turn into a nervous wreck when it all kicks off i just wish I could do more for him x

He's loving Church Walk Rochdale as am I they're one amazing bunch of people and i'll never be able to repay them for what they're doing for Chris, I honestly think they are his life saver and mine too.

As for joing Shiraz with a bottle or two I think it would be a fabulous evening might get slightly messy by the end of the night with a semi frozen Tiramisu.......oooooooohhhhhh a Tiramisu party now thats a night and a half lol x
Old 12-08-15, 04:40 PM   #26
shiraz
Approved Member

Hi Girls....

Ah, Cupcake....I had been toiling away in the garden, digging out the front lawn so I am and me back is aching and my hand is badly blistered and raw and so I kinda felt I deserved one....but I do mix it with soda How much is too much?!! Amanda I have a vision of Eddie & Patsy out of AbFab - we would be disgraceful Girls Behaving Badly - geez imagine what fun. But...pray tell, who said I'd be up for sharing me TirraMisOoo....

On a serious note...I still can't Hubs to drink - he's still on a pint or so a day - the odd half cup of tea and a small coke in the evening which he only has coz I put a dash of rum in it. Now he's saying he is struggling to swallow his milk that he has with his cereal and it's going all down his chin. I am actually quite worried about him but luckily he has two doctors appointments looming, so.....
Old 13-08-15, 10:24 AM   #27
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi Girls....

Ah, Cupcake....I had been toiling away in the garden, digging out the front lawn so I am and me back is aching and my hand is badly blistered and raw and so I kinda felt I deserved one....but I do mix it with soda How much is too much?!! Amanda I have a vision of Eddie & Patsy out of AbFab - we would be disgraceful Girls Behaving Badly - geez imagine what fun. But...pray tell, who said I'd be up for sharing me TirraMisOoo....

On a serious note...I still can't Hubs to drink - he's still on a pint or so a day - the odd half cup of tea and a small coke in the evening which he only has coz I put a dash of rum in it. Now he's saying he is struggling to swallow his milk that he has with his cereal and it's going all down his chin. I am actually quite worried about him but luckily he has two doctors appointments looming, so.....

I'll bring a LARGE TirraMis0ooooo Ab Fab i'll happily be with you lol x

As for Hubs i hope out of the 2 doctors appointments one of them at least helps x
Old 14-08-15, 10:38 AM   #28
shiraz
Approved Member

Hiya Amanda

I know. Oink Oink...
I did once, when things were let's just say 'bad' here...manage to somehow plough my way through a whole semi-frozen family-sized heavenly-sent comforting [comfort-eating] Tiramisu....though to be fair, I had, like, four portions over several hours. Damn, it felt good at the time...This is me problem: it's all or nothing!! Which is why I ain't bought a Don'thalfmissu since last year. T'was created by the devil himself to lure me off the straight & narrow...nowadays I've seen the light and it's celery, cherry tomtatos and raw carrots for me !! Geez it's boring
Old 14-08-15, 02:33 PM   #29
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

Quote:
Hiya Amanda

I know. Oink Oink...
I did once, when things were let's just say 'bad' here...manage to somehow plough my way through a whole semi-frozen family-sized heavenly-sent comforting [comfort-eating] Tiramisu....though to be fair, I had, like, four portions over several hours. Damn, it felt good at the time...This is me problem: it's all or nothing!! Which is why I ain't bought a Don'thalfmissu since last year. T'was created by the devil himself to lure me off the straight & narrow...nowadays I've seen the light and it's celery, cherry tomtatos and raw carrots for me !! Geez it's boring
Wish we all lived closer togther then I could meet you all i'd love to see what you all look like x
Old 15-08-15, 05:04 AM   #30
shiraz
Approved Member

Hi Amanda....

I can tell you who I look like, will that do? I am kind of a cross between the gazelle like Elle MacPherson and the curvy bombshell that is Cindy Crawford and I have the voice of that other gorgeous creature Shania Twain Yeah, right...in me dreams Oh, and Hubs looks like Kevin Costner, Mark Wright [god he's hunkydory] and George Clooney all rolled into one = we are a match made in heaven!! Just as well beauty is in the eye of the beholder!! I look and feel more like a wizened old prune