Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Diet, food, equipment

Diet, food, equipment Ask questions or pass on ideas about diet, food and equipment

Old 22-09-15, 12:20 PM   #71
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

Default Re: Peg feed

Aye it's grim up ere.....sun comes out and it sends folk daft! Strange oddities can be sen up ere in some very stranges costumes on the beaches!
Don't always ave to be crackin' flags! Bit a sun and the BBQ is out up ere!
Amanda Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-15, 08:31 PM   #72
banda
Approved Member

Ha ha ha...yes I'm up North ... says Consett!! Not grim neither and nothing a gin don't put right....

bit more location info needed for some of you....being a geographer I am just interested but also it is interesting to note whether there are spatial patterns ... albeit not very scientific due to mega migration.

I posted on fb yesterday a fab poster saying...we eat southerners up here and dip them in gravy!!
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-15, 12:05 AM   #73
Melody
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda View Post
Ha ha ha...yes I'm up North ... says Consett!! Not grim neither and nothing a gin don't put right....

bit more location info needed for some of you....being a geographer I am just interested but also it is interesting to note whether there are spatial patterns ... albeit not very scientific due to mega migration.

I posted on fb yesterday a fab poster saying...we eat southerners up here and dip them in gravy!!
I'm a southerner and I don't think I would taste very nice... with or without gravy!
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-15, 12:28 AM   #74
Skywalker
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
I'm a southerner and I don't think I would taste very nice... with or without gravy!
North by birth and London by adoption but I have never seen chips and gravy. There is this pagan custom down south of occasionally serving them without vinegar.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-15, 08:34 AM   #75
shiraz
Approved Member

Hi Folks....Us Northerners are by far superior...there is life north of Watford....I realise I may have been rather insulting...grim up North? (was really meant as I'm up North and was having a grim time, feeling down coz of a cold and lost me mojo and just hd stuff getting me down). Sorry...ooh and now I've insulted Southerners!!! Tip to self: engage brain before twiddling...........

The penchant round here is for chips smothered in curry gravy...and sausages deep-fried in batter....not tried either. The choice of alcohol though Banda seems to be gallons of lager for the young men, bottle after bottle of WKD for the young ladies and Jagerbomb it all up before staggering down the chippy for a kebab on a Saturday nite!! That's why I stay at home....
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-15, 07:12 PM   #76
banda
Approved Member

Me too...like it at home with hubby...a bottle of shiraz or similar and a proper beer (brewed locally of course!) for hubby. I agree we have it grand up north.... lots of mates down south are very jealous of our landscape, standard of living and disposable income....but then I'm biased....
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-15, 09:03 AM   #77
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

I was laughed at in a London pub coz he couldn't understand what i was saying! I mean ey up chuck i don't talk that bad....do i?? As for the chippy well i still don't understand why they don't have gravy down there!! Its just wrong....I live in Pendle where the Pendle Witches are from and sometimes I do think we still have a few of them still around like Halloween coming up so it gets a little weird round Alice Nutters grave.... oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh
Old 24-09-15, 12:26 PM   #78
Allan
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Stansfield View Post
....I live in Pendle where the Pendle Witches are from and sometimes I do think we still have a few of them still around like Halloween coming up so it gets a little weird round Alice Nutters grave.... oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh
My six-penneth with scraps

I managed to escape from the cold, wet and windy North over 50 years ago. I return regularly - and it’s not quite as grim as it once was – they’ve been introduced to indoor privies and central heating [each member of the family has a turn at sucking a Fisherman’s Friend]. The coal mines, the shipyards, the mills and factories, the iron and steel works have all, in the main, migrated to China.

The biggest difference, as sub-sections of the UK, is that Northerners, individually and as a whole, are much more friendly, engaging and accommodating than those South of the Great Divide [that’s my son’s view too]. That’s not to say that Southerners are less friendly – but, possibly, less neighbourly. People from Wales and the West are equally as friendly as Northerners, as are East Anglians. So, I think those with a true identity and knowledge of their local\regional history would always come out on top.

Here are Amanda’s proofs: www.pendlewitches.co.uk + www.pendlewitches.net/page8.html!!

Cor blimey, mate! What a load of tripe! N, S, E & W – I love ‘em all!

Old 24-09-15, 02:15 PM   #79
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

you always make me mile Allan x
Old 24-09-15, 03:43 PM   #80
shiraz
Approved Member

Hey Pal...ye have missed outt the Scots....yes I know they had a little wobble and near left us....but listen they've got the whisky, the haggis and the Tattoo. Scotland is soo beautiful. If I could live anywhere, it would be there by the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond... Toosh....I see you have been baking special cakes....did they do owt?? Me and Banda have led sheltered lives...but we are open to pursuasion...possibly!!
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote