Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Diet, food, equipment

Diet, food, equipment Ask questions or pass on ideas about diet, food and equipment

Old 25-09-15, 12:51 AM   #81
Skywalker
Approved Member

Default Re: Peg feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraz View Post
Hey Pal...ye have missed outt the Scots....yes I know they had a little wobble and near left us....but listen they've got the whisky, the haggis and the Tattoo. Scotland is soo beautiful. If I could live anywhere, it would be there by the bonny bonny banks of Loch Lomond... Toosh....I see you have been baking special cakes....did they do owt?? Me and Banda have led sheltered lives...but we are open to pursuasion...possibly!!
Nowt south of Shap, as my cousin who's a farmer replied when I asked him if he ever watched Eastenders....
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-15, 09:35 AM   #82
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

I'm loving this thread.........the light hearted banter is hilarious
Amanda Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-15, 02:20 PM   #83
Crystal
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Stansfield View Post
I'm loving this thread.........the light hearted banter is hilarious
Well, I don't bake cakes anymore - small or otherwise (but, still happy to eat them) and will still be getting through the bottle of Tequila - one thing at a time - although I am getting used to multi-tasking!!
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-15, 03:09 PM   #84
shiraz
Approved Member

You have succumbed to the lure of Tequila then Crystal? Has it had any beneficial effects??? Regards the cakes...I had committed the crime of mixing threads - I was referring to the fact that it would appear Toosh has baked cupcakes with a bit of marijuana...no wonder her fund-raiser was so popular I don't bake either - and I was renowned for my chocolate eclairs...I'd only scoff the lot. Denial is the way to go....St. Shiraz x
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-15, 04:04 PM   #85
Crystal
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraz View Post
You have succumbed to the lure of Tequila then Crystal? Has it had any beneficial effects??? Regards the cakes...I had committed the crime of mixing threads - I was referring to the fact that it would appear Toosh has baked cupcakes with a bit of marijuana...no wonder her fund-raiser was so popular I don't bake either - and I was renowned for my chocolate eclairs...I'd only scoff the lot. Denial is the way to go....St. Shiraz x
Sure - I had realised re 'mixing threads'! I was referring to 'mixing' as well! 'Special Cakes and Tequila!' -- Choc. eclairs - very ambitious - I'm impressed. (Hope you are feeling a bit better now.) PS Glad Amanda is happy to enjoy the banter though! Went to a fund-raiser this morning (MacMillan) - they served Guinness cake! It justs gets better doesn't it.
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-15, 12:20 AM   #86
shiraz
Approved Member

Ahh..Crystal Tips and Alistair....we are nicely back full circle to Amanda's favourite...Tiramisu = alcoholic cake and a creamy mousse delight. Bliss. She'll be delighted. Guinness in a cake hey? I have done a lovely beef casserole with it before now....so many uses!! And yes, thankyou, I am all recovered...just in time for work....darn
Old 28-09-15, 08:57 AM   #87
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

Well its not even 9am and i'm drooling over the thought of all these cakes mentioned! No wonder my bum is big!!
Hope you have all had a good weekend
Amanda Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-15, 09:40 AM   #88
Gillywig
Approved Member

I have been living "dahn sarf" for over twenty five years now but I am a Scot - a Glaswegian at that!! Accent is still as strong I am pleased to say!!!
And before anyone asks - I have never eaten a deep fried Mars Bar!!!!
Gillywig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-15, 11:35 AM   #89
shiraz
Approved Member

Gillywig...you is like me...and Banda.. led a sheltered life!! I don't like Mars Bars but I believe they also do deep fried Creme Eggs....I bet you've had a few drams in your time though I love Scotland...been all over from Gretna Green, Oban, Perth, Glasgie, Edinbro, Wick, John O'Groats, St. Andrews, Anstruther etc., etc - just love it...and I must not forget Crieff and all round there. Oh bonny Scotland
Old 28-09-15, 11:46 AM   #90
Gillywig
Approved Member

Deep fried Cream Egg sounds deelish!!!!
I really miss Scotland!! When things are getting me down I often think of running off to one of the islands in Scotland and hiding out in a cave!! Away from everyone and the world! I used to visit Islay as a kid and I would like to go back there one day.
I am more or less teetotal these days, I am not a good drunk!! You are talking to a woman who, at the age of 35 got thrown out of a nightclub for having a fight with herself in the mirror!!!! Not good!! Was partial to a JD or a good Whiskey!!! Now a strong coffee is about as good as it gets!!!
Gillywig is offline   Reply With Quote