Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Diet, food, equipment

Diet, food, equipment Ask questions or pass on ideas about diet, food and equipment

Old 10-07-17, 02:27 PM   #1
WIXYWARKS
Approved Member

Default throwing up

I have been away from message board for some years so my have not thanked people for the diet information.

Carole is in advanced stage of HD. recently she started coughing and produced lots and lots of creamy coloured phlegm and the production of this can last over an hour. The phlegm does not smell and is not from lungs or stomach. Took C to GP for a check together with a sample. She did not know but though tit came from the throat area. C had no infection, chest and breathing ok. Has anyone experienced this?
WIXYWARKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 08:38 AM   #2
Trish
Approved Member

Default Re: throwing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIXYWARKS View Post
I have been away from message board for some years so my have not thanked people for the diet information.

Carole is in advanced stage of HD. recently she started coughing and produced lots and lots of creamy coloured phlegm and the production of this can last over an hour. The phlegm does not smell and is not from lungs or stomach. Took C to GP for a check together with a sample. She did not know but though tit came from the throat area. C had no infection, chest and breathing ok. Has anyone experienced this?
Hiya

Steve had quite thick mucus later on but not at the level it sounds like C is producing.

Are you able to speak to the Speech and language Team? They will be better than the the GP at identifying I suspect.

Was it the GP who ruled out lungs and stomach? I was just wondering if, although it may not be a case of the produce being generated by the lungs or stomach there could be an irritant as part of aspiration. The thickeners being used for her food etc?

If still the throat, maybe her sinuses need looking at? I'm also wondering if the colour is more do do with the bile duct but it's all purely guessing I'm afraid.
Old 04-09-17, 11:48 PM   #3
Cupcake
Approved Member

Hi.

I would agree with Trish, consult the SALT, can't think of anything else to cover.

Take care x
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 01:12 PM   #4
jacqueline
Approved Member

Excellent advice above.
I have noticed that my son and his dad produce a lot of saliva but it is clear.
jacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote