Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > New Members

New Members Introduce yourself, and get to know how the HDA Message Board works

Old 28-01-16, 03:53 AM   #11
shiraz
Approved Member

Default Re: An introduction

Ah Red Robin
Lovely to hear from you again - and sorry I made ya cry!! But I guess that is just because it's like a feeling of relief/struck a cord and knowing that you are not alone - that's how I felt when I came on here. Like I knew for years there was something wrong, and finally knew it's not me that is mad or bad afterall. And I have had people saying you should leave it's not fair on you but I knew it wasn't that he was a nasty man, it was because something wasn't "right" - so it is not that easy. It's not just duty or doing the right thing or vows or even love it's just everything - your home, memories, wanting things to be okay, where would you go, what would people think. Thinking what if it were you - the other way round and not wanting to abandon someone in their hour of need.

Hubs still doesn't want to know what hd really is though lately he will say "is that because of hd" and he finally acknowledges that he is "not right" and has started to say he is getting worse but it's taken a long time, and like you I've felt lost/helpless and alone and isolated and very, very teary, deflated and defeated. All I can say is that if you come at this with an acceptance of hd and try and learn how to understand the whys and wherefores then you can get along and have some good times....patience and not rising to the ocd rambling baits are paramount...though it don't always work We can but try.....x
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote