Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Carers, things that have helped

Carers, things that have helped Share your experiences of caring, and pass on practical advice and helpful tips

Old 18-04-18, 10:55 PM   #11
jonsalie
Approved Member

Default Re: Kicking and screaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
Yes, it is so frustrating for us both, I don't know what she wants and she can't tell me, I go through the thirsty, hungry, wet, soiled, bored, scared, and angry situations, and she still screams and kicks until exhaustion sets in, she knows I'm here 24/7, sometimes I think she hates me, with all the screaming but I still cherish every moment we have together X
My wife has been screaming out for the past 6 months or so, she cannot talk so finding out what the cause was presented a problem. It turned out it was toothache, she had a GA at our hospital, had several teeth removed and the rest cleaned. Another thing to check is wind, possible cause Gastroparesis.
jonsalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-18, 08:52 AM   #12
Amanda Stansfield
Approved Member

Default Re: Kicking and screaming

[QUOTE=Shabbychic;65261]Yes, it is so frustrating for us both, I don't know what she wants and she can't tell me, I go through the thirsty, hungry, wet, soiled, bored, scared, and angry situations, and she still screams and kicks until exhaustion sets in, she knows I'm here 24/7, sometimes I think she hates me, with all the screaming but I still cherish every moment we have together X[/QUOTE

Paracetamol can cause constipation and wind, and yes perhaps she may have toothache?
I hated the screaming and fighting that my Mother and Brother did too.
Mum was more to do with anger and jealousy, but brother was to do with teeth then constant UTI, the constipation all of which seemed to go on and on and on.
All his teeth were removed, then he was constipated, then he had a peg feed fitted as he was always hungry and couldn't swallow anymore, so was very frustrated ALL the time.
Catheter was fitted and then all was calm again.
Its a constant guessing game.
Well you lovely Mum you are there by her side 24/7 you are an earth angel in my eyes x
Amanda Stansfield is offline   Reply With Quote