Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > General HD topics

General HD topics Open forum for all other issues concerning Huntington’s disease

Old 07-11-17, 08:04 AM   #1
Rainy69
Approved Member

Default Symptoms increasing.

Hi all

I don't post very often, but feeling pretty low and tearful today. I saw the consultant yesterday and I have begun to display very subtle symptoms with saccadic eye movements and body movements. Not enough to be obvious to anyone else at the moment. I think I new these were happening, but having it confirmed has just kind of hit home :(

Just needed to 'speak' to people that understand.

Rainy
Old 07-11-17, 12:08 PM   #2
shiraz
Approved Member

Default Re: Symptoms increasing.

Hi Rainy....sorry to hear you are feeling a bit low today...but remember your tagline - you can't have a rainbow without a little rain - so hopefully tomorrow you will feel a bit brighter. We all have bad days don't we? I've just been proper down myself for a few days and have woken this morning realising that it's all because I am so fearful of the future and can see how much my husband has dipped this year....it's slow and subtle and you kinda get used to it but then something makes you realise it and you go into a state of angry panic. I'm a firm believer that this cold, windy and rainy weather doesn't help and the dark nights. So...think of sunny days, think of happy memories and plan something nice to do, just for you. Even if it's just having a soak in the bath, watching something on tv, something funny to lift your spirits? Thinking of you honxx
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-17, 01:43 PM   #3
Rainy69
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraz View Post
Hi Rainy....sorry to hear you are feeling a bit low today...but remember your tagline - you can't have a rainbow without a little rain - so hopefully tomorrow you will feel a bit brighter. We all have bad days don't we? I've just been proper down myself for a few days and have woken this morning realising that it's all because I am so fearful of the future and can see how much my husband has dipped this year....it's slow and subtle and you kinda get used to it but then something makes you realise it and you go into a state of angry panic. I'm a firm believer that this cold, windy and rainy weather doesn't help and the dark nights. So...think of sunny days, think of happy memories and plan something nice to do, just for you. Even if it's just having a soak in the bath, watching something on tv, something funny to lift your spirits? Thinking of you honxx
Thank you. Off to work soon so will be too busy to dwell on it. Will be okay later when hubby home :) Just read up on my symptoms this morning and yep it hit hard, but tears won't make it better, so have to make the best of here and now.

Have a great day yourself. Thank you again for being there x
Old 09-11-17, 04:57 PM   #4
Brian2001
Approved Member

Location: I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member...
Send a message via MSN to Brian2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy69 View Post
Thank you. Off to work soon so will be too busy to dwell on it. Will be okay later when hubby home :) Just read up on my symptoms this morning and yep it hit hard, but tears won't make it better, so have to make the best of here and now.

Have a great day yourself. Thank you again for being there x
thinking of you Rainy 69... - love the signature!

Brian.
Old 10-11-17, 12:14 PM   #5
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy69 View Post
T Just read up on my symptoms this morning and yep it hit hard, but tears won't make it better, so have to make the best of here and now.
Hi Rainy

Sorry to hear things are progressing. I hope you are getting support at home and elsewhere. You have a lot of good times ahead as life is still filled with good stuff too. Hold on to that hunny