Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Research, drugs, treatment, new diagnosis

Research, drugs, treatment, new diagnosis Forum for medical issues, and for the recently diagnosed (and families)

Old 20-09-17, 08:33 AM   #1
Kilpatrick

Default Medical Marijuana?

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain called Industrial Plant from http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/industrial-plant/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Kilpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-17, 12:32 PM   #2
Allan
Approved Member

Default Re: Medical Marijuana?

Hi there

That’s a very interesting article - but I don’t think it’ll influence the middle-of-the-road medical or pharmaceutical types that surround HD and have a tight hold on the prescription of medical therapies.

However, there is much positive stuff to be found relating to Cannabidiol Oil. That is cannabis\marijuana minus the Tetrahydrocannabinol [THC] that causes “the highs”. Obviously, trialling Cannabidiol is an individual journey. It can be purchased in the UK from a number of outlets. Have a look at these:

http://cbdfamilyinformationcentre.org.uk/the-best-cbd-products-i-have-found-in-the-uk

http://cbdbrothers.com

Old 26-09-17, 03:59 PM   #3
jacqueline
Approved Member

Default Re: Medical Marijuana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilpatrick View Post
Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain called Industrial Plant from http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/industrial-plant/ . Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
Hi Kilpatrick
I don't smoke either tbh.
It does have an interesting following regarding HD. Or even Arthritis.
I wouldn't mind trying the Cake though.
One of my friends made a cake with it in. Mainly because he was very hippy and new age. He said he would make me a cake with it in.
But then he told me he left it in the kitchen and his dog ate it all. He told me that the dog pooed all over the kitchen and slept for three days.
I wouldn't want to be doing what the dog did though. I do love cake though. It was true though about the dog.
jacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote