Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Young People

Young People For young people under the age of 35 to share experiences, information and ideas

Old 25-04-16, 03:43 PM   #1
MattHDYO

Default European HD Youth Camp 2016

Hi Folks

I have not posted on here in a long time and I come back in a professional capacity for the Huntington's Disease Youth Organisation (HDYO). We are running a European HD Youth Camp from Aug 7th-13th, available for young people impacted by HD, aged 15-25, from England and Wales, as well as several other countries (Scotland, N. Ireland, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Sweden and Norway). The days will be filled with fun activities, educational and support sessions. You will get to meet around 50 young people impacted by HD. It is completely free to attend the event, and the HDA England and Wales have supported us with the event to ensure it is free for all, you just have to apply using the link below (which is where you will also find all the details about camp). Applications have been open since Feb and are closing at the end of April, very soon! So if you are interested in applying, do so quickly! Any questions just let me know

Euro Camp info and application form: http://en.hdyo.org/eve/events/461

Note: Due to high demand not every young person who applies will get to attend, but if you want to go we urge you to apply anyway and see what happens. We will let those who have applied know if they have a place in early May.

Thanks!
Matt
MattHDYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-16, 11:52 PM   #2
wanda the mermaid
Approved Member

Default Re: European HD Youth Camp 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHDYO View Post
Hi Folks

I have not posted on here in a long time and I come back in a professional capacity for the Huntington's Disease Youth Organisation (HDYO). We are running a European HD Youth Camp from Aug 7th-13th, available for young people impacted by HD, aged 15-25, from England and Wales, as well as several other countries (Scotland, N. Ireland, Ireland, Belgium, Germany, Sweden and Norway). The days will be filled with fun activities, educational and support sessions. You will get to meet around 50 young people impacted by HD. It is completely free to attend the event, and the HDA England and Wales have supported us with the event to ensure it is free for all, you just have to apply using the link below (which is where you will also find all the details about camp). Applications have been open since Feb and are closing at the end of April, very soon! So if you are interested in applying, do so quickly! Any questions just let me know

Euro Camp info and application form: http://en.hdyo.org/eve/events/461

Note: Due to high demand not every young person who applies will get to attend, but if you want to go we urge you to apply anyway and see what happens. We will let those who have applied know if they have a place in early May.

Thanks!
Matt
Hi Matt,
So sorry I missed the closing date for my grandchildren. They would have loved it. Well done to the HDYO. The children are our future.
wanda the mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote