Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Genealogy, children, PGD

Genealogy, children, PGD Discuss family and preimplantation genetic diagnosis issues

Old 06-11-16, 06:57 PM   #11
cmiz
Approved Member

Default Re: HD positive CVS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros View Post
Hi Claire, thanks so much for your reply and I'm really sorry to hear about your husband's depression and the worry that brings.
Yesterday I had a termination, which was just the most difficult thing to go through with but as you say, I couldn't burden her with HD and all it entails. It was just too much of a gamble but I now feel so bereft and empty in every sense. I think there's so much guilt whatever choice is made.
Best wishes, Ros
There is most definitely guilt whichever way you go, and I'm angry for the children I want and haven't been able to keep, and angry for the ones I want and know the process is just to much to keep going through. I get so bitter at times but then I look at my boys and know that hd will never darken our door again and that makes me feel good. Xx. All the best to you and your family Ros xxx
cmiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 08:53 AM   #12
banda
Approved Member

Thinking of you....so sad ... but I am sure there will be wonderful happy family times ahead with the boys
xx
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-16, 05:15 PM   #13
Gabby
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ros View Post
Hi Claire, thanks so much for your reply and I'm really sorry to hear about your husband's depression and the worry that brings.
Yesterday I had a termination, which was just the most difficult thing to go through with but as you say, I couldn't burden her with HD and all it entails. It was just too much of a gamble but I now feel so bereft and empty in every sense. I think there's so much guilt whatever choice is made.
Best wishes, Ros

so sorry for your loss so hard my heart goes out to you give yourself time to grieve hugs

Gabby
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote