Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > General HD topics

General HD topics Open forum for all other issues concerning Huntington’s disease

Old 31-08-17, 10:25 PM   #51
Crystal
Approved Member

Default Re: Moving from Message Board

Seemed to have posted at about the same time as you Jacqueline! Along the same lines!!

Crystal
Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 10:37 PM   #52
jacqueline
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
Am I missing something here! If the consensus has been that this message board was 'outdated' needed changing, more 'user friendly ', easier to navigate etc. Was it not possible to implement those changes needed on THIS message board!?.....as I said...I don't quite get it!?
Crystal ,
This is exactly what I have said but chosen to be ignored.
We do not want a brand new house.
We want modern fixtures and appliances.
This HU hasn't even been set up for the HD community so how can anyone look what it would be like if it hasn't been done
I have complained about the lack of interest in this much needed Message Board now for as long as I can remember Crystal. But totally ignored.
Like I have said in red beforehand. What happened to the offer of asking for volunteers now.
Of course it can be done.
Now we will see if we can get answers.
I am not a gambler but I bet not.
jacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-17, 10:38 PM   #53
jacqueline
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
Seemed to have posted at about the same time as you Jacqueline! Along the same lines!!

Crystal
Snap
Old 01-09-17, 08:12 AM   #54
Cupcake
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
The way I read it is that the posts will be staying as they are and, in effect, the status quo applies.

I don't think I am understanding at all what they are doing Trish.

It is as clear as mud to me. I thought they wanted to uplift the existing messages to the new site? But if this is remaining does it mean there will be the information in two places going forward?

Obviously they are saying this is now quite out of date and maybe there will be gradual migration of users, but the information on here, could be still available for the time being, as there is such a wealth of help in the posts and people's experiences with dealing with various issues.

I just don't want any of my posts moved across, and that should be honoured under data protection.
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 08:38 AM   #55
shiraz
Approved Member

Am I right in assuming that the HU site is going ahead BUT the Message Board will now remain active???

If so.....I am happy for my threads/posts to remain on here BUT I do want any - ANY - of my details/posts etc transferred over to the HU. I hope that you, Bill, will ensure this is the case.

If my understanding is correct in that the "Messy" will remain - Phew!!
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 09:39 AM   #56
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
I don't think I am understanding at all what they are doing Trish.

It is as clear as mud to me. I thought they wanted to uplift the existing messages to the new site? But if this is remaining does it mean there will be the information in two places going forward?

Obviously they are saying this is now quite out of date and maybe there will be gradual migration of users, but the information on here, could be still available for the time being, as there is such a wealth of help in the posts and people's experiences with dealing with various issues.

I just don't want any of my posts moved across, and that should be honoured under data protection.
All I care about at this stage is that the Messy Board will not be closing anytime soon from the looks of it. And at least that my posts will not be lost. They can chart a sad time but also happy times. As you will know CC those memories take on a whole new resonance when you have lost your loved one.

I don't know if HU is now put to sleep, or just snoozing. I do know that this last week I have been going into my posts and copying the texts (including date and time - some at stupid O'Clock) into word documents so that I can hold onto them and treasure them/cry over them. It's a perfectly healthy thing to cry I hasten to add.

If anyone is worried about what they have put out in the open arena that is the internet please do consider asking for your Membership/Threads/Posts to be deleted. I suspect you need to write to the HDA/e-mail asking for all your posts to go as it's not that easy cherry picking posts from all the thousands on here.

Most of all... I think we all need to think more carefully about what we say and what we share in what is, after all a public space on the internet which ANYONE can see if they want to and therefore people have as much chance of finding them as they may have done on HU in theory.

I'm very sad that there also seems to have been so many personal attacks on the HDA itself. I have had my gripes in the past, GOD KNOWS I have got of my pram too on many an occasion when I was at my most volatile in HD Carer etc role. I'm sad though that it got so personal and newcomers may be put off asking for help. In here or from the HDA itself.

I'm going to take a break from interacting on Messy Board now for a couple of months while I carry on in the background collecting my posts of which there are so many over the years.

I am also going to cancel my HU membership as I don't want to get into the rights and wrongs of stuff in there. I have just responded to a post (my last one on HU) where it seems someone was causing mischief in HU by making out they did not know me when they obviously did. I'm not prepared to play that game and, as much as I was not happy with the HU thing and the way it was being handled I was at least going in with an open mind. Shame on whoever was trying to sabotage it before it was even going live
Old 01-09-17, 01:39 PM   #57
Crystal
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
All I care about at this stage is that the Messy Board will not be closing anytime soon from the looks of it. And at least that my posts will not be lost. They can chart a sad time but also happy times. As you will know CC those memories take on a whole new resonance when you have lost your loved one.

I don't know if HU is now put to sleep, or just snoozing. I do know that this last week I have been going into my posts and copying the texts (including date and time - some at stupid O'Clock) into word documents so that I can hold onto them and treasure them/cry over them. It's a perfectly healthy thing to cry I hasten to add.

If anyone is worried about what they have put out in the open arena that is the internet please do consider asking for your Membership/Threads/Posts to be deleted. I suspect you need to write to the HDA/e-mail asking for all your posts to go as it's not that easy cherry picking posts from all the thousands on here.

Most of all... I think we all need to think more carefully about what we say and what we share in what is, after all a public space on the internet which ANYONE can see if they want to and therefore people have as much chance of finding them as they may have done on HU in theory.

I'm very sad that there also seems to have been so many personal attacks on the HDA itself. I have had my gripes in the past, GOD KNOWS I have got of my pram too on many an occasion when I was at my most volatile in HD Carer etc role. I'm sad though that it got so personal and newcomers may be put off asking for help. In here or from the HDA itself.

I'm going to take a break from interacting on Messy Board now for a couple of months while I carry on in the background collecting my posts of which there are so many over the years.

I am also going to cancel my HU membership as I don't want to get into the rights and wrongs of stuff in there. I have just responded to a post (my last one on HU) where it seems someone was causing mischief in HU by making out they did not know me when they obviously did. I'm not prepared to play that game and, as much as I was not happy with the HU thing and the way it was being handled I was at least going in with an open mind. Shame on whoever was trying to sabotage it before it was even going live
Hi Trish.... 'food for thought ' on everything you have said above....in particular, our posts already able to be viewed (in theory') by 'Jo Public '....... something many of us knew and did ourselves anyway whilst lurking in the background before taking the plunge and joining MB! Such irony eh! How or why did it all get so messy! Perhaps just the 'surprise' element of the original announcement? Who knows.....water under the bridge now. I sincerely hope others will still access whatever help they may need now and in the future and perhaps realise what the MB has been, and hopefully, still will be in the future.... in whatever format it's path takes!

Good luck with the 'project'.....bitter sweet, as with all things in life!

Best wishes
Crystal
Old 01-09-17, 02:51 PM   #58
william
Administrator
Site Admin

To answer some of your questions:
We have listened to the feedback given over last few days on the proposed move to Health unlocked and the message board will remain as it is for now.
Posts will stay on the current message board unless you ask for them to be removed.
We will ask for volunteers to look at the message board after the new HDA website is launched, and discuss together what it will look like and what roles people would like to get involved in. Until then nothing will change.
Nothing will move to HealthUnlocked or any other platform without further consultation and agreement from the message board community/volunteers.
There won’t be two separate communities/platforms/forums running simultaneously.
I hope this helps to clarify some of the points raised.

Bill
william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-17, 03:18 PM   #59
Crystal
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
We have listened to the feedback given over last few days on the proposed move to Health unlocked and the message board will remain as it is for now.
Posts will stay on the current message board unless you ask for them to be removed.
We will ask for volunteers to look at the message board after the new HDA website is launched, and discuss together what it will look like and what roles people would like to get involved in. Until then nothing will change.
Nothing will move to HealthUnlocked or any other platform without further consultation and agreement from the message board community/volunteers.
There won’t be two separate communities/platforms/forums running simultaneously.

Bill
Thank-you Bill for this information and clarification.

Crystal
Old 02-09-17, 12:07 AM   #60
jacqueline
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post

Bill
Yes it does answer some questions for now Bill.
Thank you