Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups

Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups Tell us about your UK fundraising activities and local meetings

Old 11-08-16, 09:07 AM   #1
Trish
Approved Member

Default #SybilOnTour

Morning my lovlies

Just to flag up my latest awareness and fundraising campaign from the woman who brought you 'Pimp my Blog' ; Curse in Verse and Much More Worse ; Pie in the Face (UK bitty) ;

Celebrity poem readathon
( I'm stretching that one a bit I know where it's only a few poems and Victoria Beckham and Dave Beckham were not available )...

I am now nearing the end of my marathon endeavour to cover EVERY Station on the London Underground taking a snap of a MiniSybil in the process. More to be put up later on but I have started a #SybilOnTour JustGiving Page which gives more info and hows a few of the photos at this stage. I aim to do a slideshow video once completed.

I had intended to originally call my exploits #HoundsOnTheUnderground. During my Jubilee Line trip though I ventured outside the Station and managed to get a shot of the MiniSybil outside the gates of 10 Downing Street and opposite House of Commons among other places. With Jaq'a friends also posting up photos of their MiniSybils at various locations we thought #SybilOnTour would be a good umbrella title for encouraging people to participate and send in photos from all over the country/globe.

Jaq has set up a FaceBook Page and we would love people to keep up to date with Sybil's exploits and also add photos with a MiniSybil. Do make contact on the Page if interested in participating.
Old 15-08-16, 07:17 PM   #2
jaq
Approved Member

Default Re: #SybilOnTour

A local man is doing the lands end to John o groats cycle ride and is taking a #sybilontour with him .

Here is a little piece from our local paper X
http://m.brighouseecho.co.uk/news/lo...-dog-1-8069365
jaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-16, 10:13 AM   #3
Trish
Approved Member

Morning again my lovlies

Remember this post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post

I am now nearing the end of my marathon endeavour to cover EVERY Station on the London Underground taking a snap of a MiniSybil in the process. More to be put up later on but I have started a #SybilOnTour JustGiving Page which gives more info and hows a few of the photos at this stage. I aim to do a slideshow video once completed.

I had intended to originally call my exploits #HoundsOnTheUnderground. During my Jubilee Line trip though I ventured outside the Station and managed to get a shot of the MiniSybil outside the gates of 10 Downing Street and opposite House of Commons among other places. With Jaq'a friends also posting up photos of their MiniSybils at various locations we thought #SybilOnTour would be a good umbrella title for encouraging people to participate and send in photos from all over the country/globe.

Jaq has set up a FaceBook Page and we would love people to keep up to date with Sybil's exploits and also add photos with a MiniSybil. Do make contact on the Page if interested in participating.
I have now completed taking Pinky & Perky Sybil to every Station on the London Underground.

There's still time to donate to the JG Page as featured above.

T x
Old 26-09-16, 11:23 PM   #4
jaq
Approved Member

#sybilontour has been very busy

Travelling the world yes the world as she raises awareness of Huntington's disease via social media .

If you use Facebook you can follow her adventures here
https://m.facebook.com/sybilontour/
And on Twitter @jaq421 #sybilontour

An hopeless at organising but think there might be around a hundred out and about .

please take a look and share .

When I get the time between caring for Mark I will try and do a blog unless anyone fancies doing one as it is a team effort .

On the back of a bad week which left us almost at crisis point the joy of seeing people share their adventures with #sybilontour has kept me going .

Much love

Jaq
jaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-16, 10:30 PM   #5
toosh
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaq View Post
#sybilontour has been very busy

Travelling the world yes the world as she raises awareness of Huntington's disease via social media .

If you use Facebook you can follow her adventures here
https://m.facebook.com/sybilontour/
And on Twitter @jaq421 #sybilontour

An hopeless at organising but think there might be around a hundred out and about .

please take a look and share .

When I get the time between caring for Mark I will try and do a blog unless anyone fancies doing one as it is a team effort .

On the back of a bad week which left us almost at crisis point the joy of seeing people share their adventures with #sybilontour has kept me going .

Much love

Jaq
Pehaps Trish could help us out with the blog? How you fixed Trish. Might even be some good stories for a bit of poetry?
What do you think Trish? No pressure! But you are pretty good at writing stuff
toosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-16, 06:14 AM   #6
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosh View Post
Pehaps Trish could help us out with the blog? How you fixed Trish. Might even be some good stories for a bit of poetry?
What do you think Trish? No pressure! But you are pretty good at writing stuff
Hi Toosh

Very kind of you to think of me.

As it stands, I'm going to be doing a bit about #SybilOnTour in my November (Wedding Anniversary) blog where I kind of up-date what's been happening since my last blog entry SEE HERE .

At that stage I hope to be able to include a video on my Underground challenge and include a few of the snaps Jaq has been sent along the way.

In terms of doing a dedicated #SybilOnTour/Hounds4Huntingtons blog I would have to think about that a bit more as it's one of those things that would need to be very fluid given it throws up something new to report virtually every day. A FaceBook Page (which Jaq already has) is more relevant for keeping up to date with what's happening and gather everyone's photos and stories.

After my November Blog (25 Nov is my Anniversary) perhaps I could look into doing a #SybilOnTour 'Review of the Year thing. Maybe another photo slide video to music; or an 'article' that could be used somewhere. I ccould chat to Jaq about it.

Going back to the blog though, I'm not sure I have the time to do it justice as there is so much to report and it would virtually need t be a weekly entry to have any value.
Old 30-09-16, 11:48 AM   #7
shiraz
Approved Member

Trish you're not just good at writing stuff but are a techno whizzkid too. I always relish your blogs and am amazed at the numerous links and intricate detail....I "look forward" to your next one if you know what I mean. How you do it is just totally beyond me. x
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-16, 03:43 PM   #8
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraz View Post
Trish you're not just good at writing stuff but are a techno whizzkid too. I always relish your blogs and am amazed at the numerous links and intricate detail....I "look forward" to your next one if you know what I mean. How you do it is just totally beyond me. x
Thanks Shiraz

Glad someone looks forward to my efforts.

To be honest, because I do the blog with such a gap in between, I often sit there thinking "how did I do that last time?"

I need to do myself an idiot's guide as I go along but, instead, I go through a trial and error thing again and again. That said, that often throws up another handy thing to use which I didn't even know existed until I stumbled across it by accident.

The thing that takes the most time is choosing which photo or photos to use though and that's what kind of steered me into going down the video slide-show route on occasion. Any excuse to post up snaps of Steve
Old 23-10-16, 01:44 PM   #9
Trish
Approved Member

Latest up-date

I've done my video and am hoping to get people help to me put it out there on Social Media over the weekend of the AGM

If anyone is interested, could you please Follow me on Twitter:

@TDainton

Or search for me on FaceBook to add me as a Friend.

I will post up a link to the Video in here nearer the time anyway, and would be grateful if people could send out as widely as possible to try getting maximum exposure.

Many thanks

Trish
Old 25-10-16, 10:05 PM   #10
Gabby
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Latest up-date

I've done my video and am hoping to get people help to me put it out there on Social Media over the weekend of the AGM

If anyone is interested, could you please Follow me on Twitter:

@TDainton

Or search for me on FaceBook to add me as a Friend.

I will post up a link to the Video in here nearer the time anyway, and would be grateful if people could send out as widely as possible to try getting maximum exposure.

Many thanks

Trish
ready & waiting to tweet tweet tweet x
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote