Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Diet, food, equipment

Diet, food, equipment Ask questions or pass on ideas about diet, food and equipment

Old 04-05-08, 09:21 PM   #11
katiepie
Approved Member

Default Re: creatine

trish hun,

I know you are a superstar, could you in bite size portions do me a brief run down on all these supplements. one i can print off and refer too. also where to get hold of the stuff in the uk. I'm preparing myself to do battle for my siblings sometime this year and would like to be 100% informed. When I try and follow up this stuff i get distracted and lose concentration by bubba, also it's a lot of stuff to get to grips with. Bro is on tetrabenzine and nothing else....god knows what my sister is on if anything.

this would mean I owe you double

Kath XXX
katiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-08, 08:14 PM   #12
frankie
Approved Member

Trish,

I would definately post this question on the HDAC, I know a few on there use it. I have it but have never thought to weigh it I have just trusted them as their product was/is used in the actual trials. I don't have any to hand or I would weigh some myself. I have just advised one sachet in the morning and another in the evening. I think maybe in light of all the hassle the micronised ? ( can't remember the correct term) purest form of creatine from any reputable seller is just as good. It was only because it is already measured plus was used in the trials that I have bought it. There have not been any extra customs charges but I have found the customer services dreadful and did have payment problems.
frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 02:33 PM   #13
Patrick
Approved Member

I went to Holland and Barratt on a family trip, got a whole load of supplements and I was looking for Creatine but I couldnt find it. I eventually found it in the body builder section and that threw me because I didnt know if that was the right stuff or not, can someone please advise?

Also it mentions it helps you build up muscle and put weight on, i'm a pretty stocky guy already and a bit overweight from my stint in Texas so im thinking to myself do I really need this or it this really meant for symptomatic people who have dramatically lost weight because of the increased muscular activity when the 'shakes' occur?

I read the label all over and it didnt mention anything about being good for HD sufferrers. Do you all take Creatine? have you had any adverse side effects?
can you drink alcohol with it? (sorry , I had to slip that in )
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 02:40 PM   #14
just1moreperson
Approved Member

Send a message via Yahoo to just1moreperson

I believe that is the right stuff Pat. It is for body builders and is used by the fitness fanatics.
just1moreperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-08, 06:29 PM   #15
Patrick
Approved Member

Thanx all for the info, it was very handy :)
DH has (sort-of) offered to be my drug dealer where Creatine is concerned.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote