Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > General HD topics

General HD topics Open forum for all other issues concerning Huntington’s disease

Old 15-05-15, 09:08 PM   #1
smuge 31
Approved Member

Default feeling sorry for myself

Hi all
Has E Form from husband's Solicitor paints me as the bad guy.
Says i was only trying to get back to house and basically made a fuss and was
trying to get him Sectioned when not necessary?!

Beginning to wonder why i fought so hard to get him help we have all been
through hell with all this and i feel like i have had a slap in the face.

He was only Sectioned when we had violent incidents by the police social
workers or on call doctors at police stations.

I have put my side of things on my form but was not meant to be horrible
His family have felt the same way saying he would be better off in care
but these legal bods they don't understand what it's like living in fear of
your kids getting hurt.

just going to leave things now not going to report any worries although his
carer did say i could be just carnt be bothered any more.

when get back home not going to worry about him coming around to house
why bother if noone even cares a ***

give up !!
smuge 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-15, 11:41 PM   #2
Melody
Approved Member

Default Re: feeling sorry for myself

Hey, don't give up!

Does your Solicitor know anything about HD? I have no legal knowledge, but you need someone on your side that understands the complexities of this illness. At the end of the day, you are trying to protect yourself and your children. You are not the bad guy here.

I wish you all the best and keep your chin up and continue doing what you are doing.

Take care x
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-15, 01:25 AM   #3
shiraz
Approved Member

Smuge

Listen the thing is your ex-husband's solicitor is working for him, and it's his job to get the best deal for him. They'll believe whatever he tells them -truth, facts, don't actually come into it - no offence to any legal bods out their but it's all about bending and fabricating the truth to fit their clients side of the story.

I don't know much about the ins and outs but surely as you have your kids to look after, in the end things should come out in your favour. Remember, you must speak up for yourself with your own solicitor. If you have to fight dirty, then so be it. As for feeling sorry for yourself - I'm not surprised!! You are under such strain, I'd be a total wreck!! Where's a fairy godmother when you want one. You need some sparkly stardust in your lifebabe. Fingers crossed x
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-15, 06:32 PM   #4
smuge 31
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraz View Post
Smuge

Listen the thing is your ex-husband's solicitor is working for him, and it's his job to get the best deal for him. They'll believe whatever he tells them -truth, facts, don't actually come into it - no offence to any legal bods out their but it's all about bending and fabricating the truth to fit their clients side of the story.

I don't know much about the ins and outs but surely as you have your kids to look after, in the end things should come out in your favour. Remember, you must speak up for yourself with your own solicitor. If you have to fight dirty, then so be it. As for feeling sorry for yourself - I'm not surprised!! You are under such strain, I'd be a total wreck!! Where's a fairy godmother when you want one. You need some sparkly stardust in your lifebabe. Fingers crossed x
Hi Shiraz and Melodey

Really appreciate your support. Of course you are right the solicitor is going
to bat for him so to speak. But at least i know they have a copy of my form which tells a very different story.

Got appointment next Friday to see solicitor so shall take some evedence with me like the police incident numbers and hospital letter saying he needed an assessment after sending me abusive emails all those months ago.

Still really think this process is all about themoney not about throwing mud around like children i know this sort of things happen but we are all meant to be adults after all?!

Never mind will update after meeting maybe with some good news?!

thanks again
smuge 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-15, 12:52 AM   #5
shiraz
Approved Member

Hi Smuge

I really hope things get sorted for you and your kids - I still think of your son finding your poor cat and how upset and traumatised he was and still is. I know you don't want this to be happening - you want your old happy married life back. What you now want is security for your kids and safety for your ex. I am sure we all support and feel for you.

But for the grace of god, as they say, go I. Hope so much that things go well and get resolved as best as, as quickly as possible Blasted HD
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-15, 08:52 AM   #6
Cupcake
Approved Member

Hi Smudge

Just reading the girlies replies, and I they sum up what we are all thinking, it is so difficult to know what to say to you as you are in such a difficult situation, and all you want is the best for you, your ex and your family.

I guess the key thing is you are able to offload your sadness and woes, and what you are looking for is a virtual hug and someone to say it will all be ok in the end although it all seems impossible at present.

Take care x
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-15, 08:08 AM   #7
toosh
Approved Member

[QUOTE=Cupcake;59216]Hi Smudge

Just reading the girlies replies, and I they sum up what we are all thinking, it is so difficult to know what to say to you as you are in such a difficult situation, and all you want is the best for you, your ex and your family.

I guess the key thing is you are able to offload your sadness and woes, and what you are looking for is a virtual hug and someone to say it will all be ok in the end although it all seems impossible at present.

Take care x[/QUOTe

Hi Smudge,
Can'-t really offer much advice but just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and the children. Be strong and make sure you get your side of things heard. Good Luck with the meeting
Toosh
Xxxx
toosh is offline   Reply With Quote