Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > New Members

New Members Introduce yourself, and get to know how the HDA Message Board works

Old 22-01-18, 08:59 PM   #1
Lukiieyy
Approved Member

Default Anyone in essex who would like to meet

Hi everyone, my mum who is 49 years old who is early/mid stage of HD, she lives in Witham Essex and she has lost all confidence and suffers daily with anxiety I was wondering if anyone with HD would like to meet up with mum to start a friendship as think it would be nice for her to start talkong to more people with HD... could be for shopping or a coffee or anything if anyone os interest and lives close enough, please let me know
Lukiieyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-18, 10:40 AM   #2
Trish
Approved Member

Default Re: Anyone in essex who would like to meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiieyy View Post
Hi everyone, my mum who is 49 years old who is early/mid stage of HD, she lives in Witham Essex and she has lost all confidence and suffers daily with anxiety I was wondering if anyone with HD would like to meet up with mum to start a friendship as think it would be nice for her to start talkong to more people with HD... could be for shopping or a coffee or anything if anyone os interest and lives close enough, please let me know
Hi Lukiileyy

What a wonderful son you are!

I live in London and don't have HD. I lost my hubby Steve to it hence my being part of Messy Board.

Hopefully someone will be along to offer a better line of support but in the absence of anyone coming forward soon have you thought of contacting her local Branch or Support Group?

Linky HERE to the list of Groups with more details. Scroll down to the Essex ones. There's a few in that area.

Even if you can't get your mum to an actual Group meeting etc, could it be worth your going along to a couple and posing your idea to those present? You may find it's something one of their Members may be looking for outside of the scheduled meetings.

Without knowing how practical it is journey wise for you guys, I do know there was a time I wish me and Hubs lived in Essex and were able to be part of the amazing Southend Branch. Little bit more about them on this short video HERE