Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > New Members

New Members Introduce yourself, and get to know how the HDA Message Board works

Old 03-03-18, 10:22 PM   #1
Penny123
Approved Member

Default hello

Hi new to message board hubby in a care home now and feeling lonely , not sure how I fit in any more
Penny123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-18, 11:51 PM   #2
Ange<3
Approved Member

Default Re: hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny123 View Post
Hi new to message board hubby in a care home now and feeling lonely , not sure how I fit in any more
Hi Penny sorry to hear your feeling like this. From reading your previous message it looks as though you cared for your Husband for as long as you possibly could which is such an astounding thing to do. I can appreciate you are probably feeling very lost at the moment and overwhelmed with sudden changes and all of this extra time you seem to have on your hands. If you can I think the first thing you need to do is treat yourself. Wether itís your hair or nails or something ever so small have a little bit of a pamper for once and try to unwind and relax a little. Iím sure your husband would want you to do something like that. I know people have walking clubs and things you could maybe google if thereís something like this near you? You will meet new people, it will kill time and excercise is known to be like a natural stress releaver. Hopefully there might be someone more in your situation on here who might message.you.

Big hugs Ange xx
Ange<3 is offline   Reply With Quote