Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > New Members

New Members Introduce yourself, and get to know how the HDA Message Board works

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-17, 10:42 PM   #1
Maia burnip
Approved Member
Default Hello

I'm also new to this forum not quite sure how to use it but thought I would give it a go. I'm 19 years old and live in the south west (Devon). My dad got diagnosed with HD about 6 years ago since then every thing in my life turned upside down. I've lost the dad I've grown up with he's gone from running marathons every year to being in a care home with care needed most of the time. The saddest thing is, is that the worst is yet to come. I have always struggled to come to terms with this crippling and soul destroying disease. I always ask my self why did this have to happen to my family? I long to have a healthy dad again and it hurts me to see friends and other family members with there dad. The worst part of this disease to me is the icolation it has caused me I never belevied I could feel so alone. I've never met anyone who is going through what I am so perhaps this is why I've joined this page. I'm so sick and tired of feeling this way. I know this will be with me for the rest of my life and he won't get better but I need to learn how to cope.
Maia burnip is offline   Reply With Quote