Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Young People

Young People For young people under the age of 35 to share experiences, information and ideas

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-12-17, 07:55 PM   #1
melissa21
Approved Member

Default Young & New

Hi everyone,

I am new so i thought i would share my HD story.

I am 26 years old and i am HD positive. I have had symptoms for 5 years and i am in the early stages of the disease. I live in the UK.

My Dad sadly passed away from HD and i will never forget him. I am very happy that he didn't know i have got it too as that would of broke his heart.

When i was 20 years old i started to get some symptoms and i knew that i had HD!! I was so scared but i decided i needed to get tested and find out if i had it. I tested positive and my CAG is 51.

I wasn't shocked when i got my result as i knew that i had symptoms. They put me on medication immediately which helped me so much.

I seem to have very bad mental symptoms. That is the thing that i struggle with right now.

I do have a older sister but she has not been tested.

I am a strong person and i do exercise everyday which helps slow it down. I am doing everything possible to delay the progression.

Would be nice to meet some other young people on here :)

Melissa xx
melissa21 is offline   Reply With Quote