Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Testing, or at risk

Testing, or at risk Discuss testing for Huntington’s disease, and living with the risk of HD

Old 18-02-12, 12:14 AM   #11
chrisclifford84
Approved Member

Default Re: Can you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post

I also wanted to say to Chris... You may not do quantity of posts but you sure do quality!
Thanks Trish, I cant claim to have helped as much as you have, but I try my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Thanks everyone, and a big thanks to Chris for taking the time to write that. The position you have been through sounds VERY like mine in almost every way! So thanks! And yes your email might help if I have the odd question, if that's ok.
B, Sorry it has taken so long to reply, i think I might have the alerts turned off, or my email is blocking them.

I'll PM you my email address.

EDIT: Cant find the options for PM - email is chris.clifford84 [at] gmail.com
Old 18-02-12, 10:12 AM   #12
Trish
Approved Member

Default Re: Can you

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisclifford84 View Post
Thanks Trish, I cant claim to have helped as much as you have, but I try my best.

EDIT: Cant find the options for PM
Hi Chris.

I've put instructions for PMs below whhich I hope helps.

As for my comment... I was taken by the way you covered a lot of ground and put accross the points for so many people from the HD at risker to children to wife/husbands. This, in particular, struck a chord for me:

'With regards to your wife, unfortunately, whether we like it or not, our wives are going through this with us. It's really crap, but you will be stronger together. Talk to her, support her, allow her to support you too. I think from the position you are now that it is going to be hard either way, whether you decide to test or not.'

Private Messages (PMs) are defaulted to disabled option so that Members get the choice whether or not to receive PMs.

If you would like to enable PMs, but are not sure how this is done, here is a basic guide:

First of all ensure you are logged in.

Now click on User Control Panel on the purple bar to the top left of your screen.

Now click on Edit Options

Scroll down the screen and you should come across a section on
Private Messages

In the Private Messages Section click on the
Enable Messages tick box. There is also a tick box further down should you wish to receive an e-mail notification telling you there is a message waiting.