Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Young People

Young People For young people under the age of 35 to share experiences, information and ideas

Old 22-04-09, 09:10 AM   #11
lau_xx
Approved Member

Default Re: Carer....new to this!

Hi Kayleigh, im so sorry to hear that, i mean its awful getting the disease at any age, but 19 is too young!that must be hard, but its lovely that he's obviously so devoted. i am definately gonna sponsor him when im paid :) such a good cause! has he ever done one before?my boyfriend does it for a living and loves it!

Hi Caz - yeah, its colchester. i believe its the only one in essex which is quite sad. its a lovely place tho :) how are you finding things?
lau_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-09, 09:15 AM   #12
lau_xx
Approved Member

Hi Kayleigh, im so sorry to hear that, i mean its awful getting the disease at any age, but 19 is too young!that must be hard, but its lovely that he's obviously so devoted. i am definately gonna sponsor him when im paid :) such a good cause! has he ever done one before?my boyfriend does it for a living and loves it!

Hi Caz - yeah, its colchester. i believe its the only one in essex which is quite sad. its a lovely place tho :) how are you finding things?
lau_xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-09, 03:54 PM   #13
kayleigh
Approved Member

hiya again! its his first time doing a parachute jump i could never do anything like that!x
kayleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-09, 04:16 PM   #14
Gem
Approved Member

Send a message via MSN to Gem

Hi Lau

Welcome to the board. Reading your first post made me smile to myself (people at work must think im crazy smiling at my computer!!) What your doing is so very lovely - like everyone else on here i wish there were more people like you out there!! Not only do you work with HD sufferers but you are wanting to raise awareness of this terrible disease - fantastic.

Im 24, My brother is 27 and was diagnosed with HD at 21. He is now living in a residential home. Our family story is a lil' complicated - but I am not at risk. My older sister is and has two children. She doesnt want to test.

Anyway i travel down your way quite a lot as my best friend lives in W.Abbey and she is my main support throughout this! Sometimes your family are TOO close to you!

Lovely to have you join us

Gem xx
Old 24-04-09, 11:59 PM   #15
jillb
Approved Member

Send a message via MSN to jillb

Hi Lau

Welcome to the board!

It's lovely to hear that you are involved with Huntington's other than through
necessity. Also being interested in fundraising, that's great!

I'm 51 and am in early stages, and live with my youngest lad who is 18.

Jillx
jillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-09, 12:47 AM   #16
Sparko
Approved Member

well thats a strange one i didnt know there was only one hd focused care home in essex that is in colchester. im moving to colchester soon! will have to join you in a bit of fund raising. and did i hear summin about a pint? beer = im there lol

im 20 by the way and my mum has hd.

hmmm doubt people will sposnor a hd pub crawl
Sparko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-09, 03:19 PM   #17
Sparko
Approved Member

hell yea it could be! however i feel i may be the only one 'standing' by the end of it!
Old 14-06-09, 03:56 PM   #18
Sparko
Approved Member

dont be insulting me like that

im a booze drinker. just a good one lol