Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Research, drugs, treatment, new diagnosis

Research, drugs, treatment, new diagnosis Forum for medical issues, and for the recently diagnosed (and families)

Old 17-11-16, 07:12 PM   #1
Applejack

Default Applejack

Hi everyone I am new to this forum so please bear with me if I make mistakes. I have a relative who is a Huntingdon's victim and is is very low state at this time . They feel that they are at the end of their tether and wants to end their life. As you can imagine this is a terrible worry for their family and so I wondered whether any members/carers have experienced similar feelings and could they give us any advice. Please.
Applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-16, 04:56 PM   #2
Trish
Approved Member

Default Re: Applejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejack View Post
Hi everyone I am new to this forum so please bear with me if I make mistakes. I have a relative who is a Huntingdon's victim and is is very low state at this time . They feel that they are at the end of their tether and wants to end their life. As you can imagine this is a terrible worry for their family and so I wondered whether any members/carers have experienced similar feelings and could they give us any advice. Please.
Hi AJ

Welcome to Messy Board

I can't really offer any personal experience or coping strategies as such on terms of being HD positive. However,I was a carer to my Hubby but I can say that there were times I felt suicidal and wanted to speak to someone and called The Samaritans.

I think you may benefit from discussing your concerns for your family member with the HDA direct. Their number is at the top of the Message Board as is The Samaritans.

I know it seems a bit of a cop-out just to refer you to two telephone numbers but it's an incredibly complex scenario and sometimes it's better to point people to the professionals.