Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Research, drugs, treatment, new diagnosis

Research, drugs, treatment, new diagnosis Forum for medical issues, and for the recently diagnosed (and families)

Old 11-12-17, 02:41 PM   #1
Ange<3
Approved Member

Default New trial

Brilliant break through on the news today about hopefully slowing the disease. Does anyone know how to sign up for the trial for this? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-42308341#share-tools
Ange<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 06:02 PM   #2
Dolphin
Approved Member

Default Re: New trial

Hi

I guess make sure you are signed up on the Predict database

Tell your HD consultant that you are interested in participating ?

Dolphin

PS I have been sending the link to Jeff Carroll's article on HD Buzz to all my family today

Especially good news for those in the firing line !
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-17, 11:33 PM   #3
charliegirl
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
Hi

I guess make sure you are signed up on the Predict database

Tell your HD consultant that you are interested in participating ?

Dolphin

PS I have been sending the link to Jeff Carroll's article on HD Buzz to all my family today

Especially good news for those in the firing line !
Hi - yes itís really positive news . I have been sharing HD buzz too. Had some lovely conversations with friends / family today. Lv Charliegirl 🐶
Old 12-12-17, 12:46 PM   #4
Patrick
Approved Member

Hey all, not posted for a while, but I saw this, its fantastic news. I was just checking if any other details where revealed here , e.g how long trial 2 will take, whens it going to be made available to Joe public..
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 01:09 PM   #5
Ange<3
Approved Member

Thanks dolphin 😊 X
Old 12-12-17, 01:17 PM   #6
Ange<3
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl View Post
Hi - yes itís really positive news . I have been sharing HD buzz too. Had some lovely conversations with friends / family today. Lv Charliegirl 🐶
It's nice to actually feel like there is something hopefully on its way for helping to prevent symptoms coming on not just waiting until the symptoms start and taking things that mask them! Be nice for everyone to spend Christmas knowing there is still some hope for us xx
Old 12-12-17, 01:21 PM   #7
Ange<3
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Hey all, not posted for a while, but I saw this, its fantastic news. I was just checking if any other details where revealed here , e.g how long trial 2 will take, whens it going to be made available to Joe public..
Hi Patrick from what I have read I think the trial 2 is about 2 years they are followed for however I may be wrong. I'm assuming it will probably be another 1-2 years after that.
Old 12-12-17, 01:24 PM   #8
Ange<3
Approved Member

Quote:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...&draw=1&rank=1

It says the end date to trial 2 is 2019
Old 13-12-17, 10:31 AM   #9
Trish
Approved Member

Quote:
Hiya Patrick

The HDA website Home Page has this article which gives an entry reading

Quote:
If you would like more information about getting involved in Huntingtonís disease research visit www.enroll-hd.org
Hope that helps.

PS

If I get back to organising Laydees What Do Lunch in 2018 are you/you and Vix up for it?

Note to all reading that comment - Patrick is an honorary Laydee as were all blokes who attended the informal pub meets in London (Heels and lacy hats were optional
Old 13-12-17, 11:08 AM   #10
Patrick
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post
Hiya Patrick

The HDA website Home Page has this article which gives an entry reading

Hope that helps.

PS

If I get back to organising Laydees What Do Lunch in 2018 are you/you and Vix up for it?

Note to all reading that comment - Patrick is an honorary Laydee as were all blokes who attended the informal pub meets in London (Heels and lacy hats were optional
Haha Thanks Trish for the info! , great to see you're still on the message board! :)
I am always up for a 'Laydees what do lunch' - havent seen you for a good old while, and I think I still have me high heels from last time... ;)
Let me know when you have more details, (or point me to another thread with all the details in it)
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote