Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > UK legal, insurance, employment, benefits, statutory services

UK legal, insurance, employment, benefits, statutory services Advice offered by HDA Moderators relates to current UK law or guidelines

Old 24-04-14, 06:41 AM   #1
banda
Approved Member

Default Travel insurance

My husband has a referral to the consultant in May and we are due to fly to Spain for holiday in July...as yet he is undiagnosed. We have usually just used the travel insurance provided through the bank but I suppose it will not cover him anymore? Anyone any advice about travel insurance please?
banda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-14, 04:21 PM   #2
bags
Approved Member

Default Re: Travel insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda View Post
My husband has a referral to the consultant in May and we are due to fly to Spain for holiday in July...as yet he is undiagnosed. We have usually just used the travel insurance provided through the bank but I suppose it will not cover him anymore? Anyone any advice about travel insurance please?
hi banda i don't know much but have just been looking at our bank travel insurance. i th ink that you have to declare any known medical conditions or if you are awaiting tests through hospitals. on ours there is an option to pat extra. my hubby is going through testing process at moment. but it is me who has had to declare medication on for thyroid and testing for breast cancer. you should be able to get the policy document from bank and check. hope this helps. bags x
bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 06:27 AM   #3
banda
Approved Member

Thank you ...I dont intend to do anything until after May appointment...I get the impression that the testing takes a long time?? Will wait for diagnosis ....??
Old 04-05-14, 09:10 PM   #4
Cupcake
Approved Member

We have travel insurance through the bank, your hubby will be covered initially until he starts taking medications, you will then have to disclose it, my hubby was covered originally, but then due to complications with depression and such a few years ago, because of the medication and he was a risk to himself mentally, they won't cover him for anything related to HD anymore, anything else that happens, stroke, heart attack, broken leg etc. etc, is covered. I did get a quote for insurance as a one off from one company can't remember their name at the moment, but they would cover him for everything for a one off trip £73, which 8 will do next time we go on long haul as I had such a nightmare in Borneo, and had no insurance.
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 03:16 PM   #5
stoneym
Approved Member

Medici insure on HD at a very reasonable rate- I think we paid £140 for two of us for a 365 day multi-trip policy.

http://insurancehelpline.medicitravel.com/
stoneym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-14, 06:16 AM   #6
banda
Approved Member

Thanks for all of the helpful comments here...I will be checking it out after next Tuesday when we have the consultant appointment... Ann x
Old 16-05-14, 05:38 PM   #7
Flumpy
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda View Post
Thanks for all of the helpful comments here...I will be checking it out after next Tuesday when we have the consultant appointment... Ann x
We always use All Clear insurance x
Flumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-14, 06:06 AM   #8
banda
Approved Member

Hi everyone,

Phoned the bank and as the holiday was booked before any referral/tests they will honour the insurance for this trip...ok this time round...one bit of positive news in all of this! Take care everyone, Ax