Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Testing, or at risk

Testing, or at risk Discuss testing for Huntington’s disease, and living with the risk of HD

Old 15-05-09, 07:13 PM   #41
jillb
Approved Member

Send a message via MSN to jillb
Default Re: Tested

Hi Tabby

What fantastic news!!!

Wishing both of you a wonderful life together!

Jillxx
jillb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-09, 07:47 AM   #42
sullivann91
Approved Member

I get my result next week, this waiting has been the worst part of the testing prosess. Good luck hope it goes well for you x
sullivann91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-09, 11:02 AM   #43
tabbykiwi
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivann91 View Post
I get my result next week, this waiting has been the worst part of the testing prosess. Good luck hope it goes well for you x
Good luck with your results, someone said to me in here that they wish they sprinkle some magic fairy dust to make it good,

I want to pass on that wish to you *sprinkle *sprinkle

try to keep yourself busy and don't plan anything major for a couple of days after the result - its a lot to take in and you need some space to digest it.

try not to tell anyone its 12pm friday etc as you don't need your phone screaming at you when you have just been told yourself

GOOD LUCK

*sprinkle *sprinkle *sprinkle
tabbykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-15, 10:57 PM   #44
tabbykiwi
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbykiwi View Post
I was on this page as soon a i got home, more out of respect for all the support and wise words i was shown , because as you say it was trauma and even if i say so brave to test , it really is heads or tails,

I would love to be involved more with HD as it is dreadful and i count myself extremely lucky i got away with it, believe me it is a huge relief and seems like i have been 70% me for the last ten years wondering, pondering, thinking,comtemplating.

the worst event happened in 2001 when it got so bad i didn't know who to talk to or where to turn (or trust as i later discovered) especially with my family on the other side of the world. i spoke to my employer about it as i was clearly losing weight from stress and not me,

she promptly entered the restaurant i was running and declared in front of 50 invited guests that i was leaving xyz as i had sadly contracted Aids and wanted to return home

I went into my shell, DENIAL extremo... complicating my anxiety further as i truly recognise denial as major part of HD..

Im so very glad i found you all , this group is amazing and i would love to help in way ...i failed the test but i reckon i passed the theory bit..

xxxxxxxxx
May be a little late, but i will be trying to help where i can , i forgot a promise i made
tabbykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-15, 09:17 PM   #45
flobert
Approved Member

its never too late!!!!
flobert is offline   Reply With Quote