Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Testing, or at risk

Testing, or at risk Discuss testing for Huntington’s disease, and living with the risk of HD

Old 28-04-15, 07:38 PM   #21
lambkin184
Approved Member

Default Re: Results tomorrow

Excellent news. Now have a wonderful life. X
lambkin184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-15, 02:19 PM   #22
fiona75
Approved Member

Well one week in and the good news is only just starting to sink in. The realisation that I don't need to worry about HD for myself or my children suddenly hits me every now and then and I find myself overwhelmed all over again. I've just got to hope and pray now that my brother is also HD negative and then he and my nephews are in the clear too and it would be fingers up to HD in my family!
Thank you all my message board friends for your good wishes. It really means so much that a group of people who are struggling with their own HD issues, be it as a sufferer, a carer or someone at risk, are all thinking of me and care about my life. Thanks guys, you're one special group of people.
fiona75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-15, 09:04 AM   #23
shiraz
Approved Member

Hi I'm H A P P Y Fiona

I have a vision of you suddenly bursting into laughter or tears of joy or beaming merrily at everyone - careful now, they'll be sending for the men in white coats!! Is your brother due to go for his test? Please let us know his result if he is and hopefully we'll be able to continue with the smile fest across the world wide cyber internet It's great when we have some good news on here..
shiraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-15, 11:17 AM   #24
fiona75
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraz View Post
Hi I'm H A P P Y Fiona

I have a vision of you suddenly bursting into laughter or tears of joy or beaming merrily at everyone - careful now, they'll be sending for the men in white coats!! Is your brother due to go for his test? Please let us know his result if he is and hopefully we'll be able to continue with the smile fest across the world wide cyber internet It's great when we have some good news on here..
You could be right there Shiraz! I do look a bit odd when the emotion overcomes me and I suddenly start crying!

My brother and I have always been in opposite camps about testing. He always said he wouldn't have the test and I always said I would; I just didn't know when. I needed to be ready to face a potential negative result before I took the test, and for me, turning 40 was the time. My brother is a couple of years older than me and is convinced he has HD, and always has been. He now thinks he is showing early signs of the disease but still is reluctant to be tested. I want him to be tested because worst case scenario it will just confirm what he already thinks but the mind plays amazing tricks on you and he may well be imagining it and get a negative result. However, it's his call, just like it was mine. I'm hoping that my experience will encourage him to reconsider and maybe a few months down the line he might decide to go for it. I'll keep you posted. xx
fiona75 is offline   Reply With Quote