Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups

Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups Tell us about your UK fundraising activities and local meetings

Old 22-01-16, 02:55 PM   #1
dennisw
Approved Member

Default Keswick to Barrow 40 mile walk.

This year is the 50th Keswick to Barrow Charity Walk. It is a sponsored event, but a little different to most as participants submit their sponsorship to a central fund from which it is distributed to good causes, most nominated by participants and others that may not be able to enter a team. It is a team event of 6 to 12 walkers. Since 2002 the Cumbria Branch have benefitted from the walk funds in 2015 we received £2350 plus a further£300 in gift aid. For the past two years thanks to the efforts of a local supporter a HD team has been walking. We are entering one again this special year and could do with a few walkers to make up the team numbers. Should anyone be willing to join the challenge, we would be more than happy to share any award with their nominated Branch. Under the HDA Branch rules head office gets any funds we hold over £2,000 at the year end and Cumbria had donated to HQ at least £1,500 for the past ten years.
Details of the walk can be found on www.keswick2barow.co.uk . If wanting to participate the first step is to register as an individual walker through the web site and then let me have the walker id and your name and I will pass to the team coordinator.
I will be marshalling the Lowick check point which is around 26 miles down the route, which I have done since the early 1980's. I would be pleased to answer any questions about the walk.
Dennis
Chair Cumbria Branch.
dennisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-16, 04:41 PM   #2
Allan
Approved Member

Default Re: Keswick to Barrow 40 mile walk.

Brilliant stuff Dennis

You just need one small 'r'

www.keswick2barrow.co.uk

Old 22-01-16, 05:52 PM   #3
dennisw
Approved Member

Cheers Alan, had not noticed.
dennisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-16, 07:08 PM   #4
Skywalker
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisw View Post
Cheers Alan, had not noticed.
Or Barra as it is also known. Good luck with it, I shall do it in spirit.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-16, 09:53 PM   #5
Allan
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Or Barra as it is also known. Good luck with it, I shall do it in spirit.

There's only one Barra born boy on this message board [I think] and I know that he ran round Kendal [not Keswick] ...... a long, long time ago.

Old 23-01-16, 01:24 AM   #6
Skywalker
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
There's only one Barra born boy on this message board [I think] and I know that he ran round Kendal [not Keswick] ...... a long, long time ago.

In a galaxy far, far away. Sorry.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-16, 11:50 PM   #7
nightowl
Approved Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nightowl

hi all i just logged on to the link to see dates for the event as i thought i may join but it says no more places available. ... thought you may want to check it out.
nightowl is offline   Reply With Quote