Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups

Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups Tell us about your UK fundraising activities and local meetings

Old 13-11-15, 06:06 PM   #11
Gabby
Approved Member

Default Re: Fundraiser Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
There are issues with all of this, where I do not want to get involved, and this is where the moderator of the board could be picking this link up, and checking it out. There is another group though, that raised money locally themselves, with friends and followers and did not send the money in, actively said they were doing the fundraising wearing HD t shirts, and used the money for their group, so they could have activities, and help those on low incomes to be involved with the activities and projects. Maybe it all needs sorting out, as for what I can see fund raising that goes to HDA just lays wages, does not seem to give much back to the community.
I understand not trying to cause any problems maybe people do not realise what they can and can't do with regard to using the charity logo etc . Branches can keep there money locally support groups can not Branches have to produce their own set of accounts and be accountable for the money . I also am aware that grants can be applied for .
Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-15, 06:40 PM   #12
Allan
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
I also am aware that grants can be applied for .

GRANTS = from the local Branch or from HQ?

Any idea what Grants cover? Is there a "list" of what grants can cover?

Old 13-11-15, 06:51 PM   #13
Gabby
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post

I have just asked the same question saw it on the branch info

will let you know
Old 13-11-15, 09:58 PM   #14
Gabby
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post

ok not quite sure what they were but they decided the grants / criteria was too difficult for branches not entirely sure what that means

Debbie
Old 19-11-15, 11:50 PM   #15
jaq
Approved Member

I think branches get requests for grants from the SHDA am think a request can be made for anything smoking device say out bedding etc I think at the end of the financial year any funds that have not been given out in grants goes to head office and important .

Ah am I confusing grants out from the branch with grants in ?
jaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-15, 11:56 AM   #16
HDAModerator
Administrator
Site Admin

Hi all

The welfare grant (administered from Head Office) is available to help people who are living with HD. It is a limited amount, with a restricted budget each month. A maximum amount of £350.00 from the welfare grant budget may be given in any 12 month period.

The welfare grant is a one off payment which will benefit the person who is symptomatic of HD. Applications can be made through the SHDA or other professional for things that can reduce risk or enhance the personsí quality of life. We would not normally assist if the request is for something that should be provided by statutory services e.g. chairs, shower, holiday etc. We are unable to pay toward debts, funeral expenses or travel.

Grants from branches of the HDA are from the funds which they raise locally. Each branch will be different and some may not have a grants system. Applications normally go to branches via the SHDA. Again there is a maximum amount of £350.00 in a 12 month period (some branches may set their own cap lower than this depending on funds available).

I hope this helps, Ruth.
HDAModerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-15, 05:20 PM   #17
Gabby
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth View Post
Hi all

The welfare grant (administered from Head Office) is available to help people who are living with HD. It is a limited amount, with a restricted budget each month. A maximum amount of £350.00 from the welfare grant budget may be given in any 12 month period.

The welfare grant is a one off payment which will benefit the person who is symptomatic of HD. Applications can be made through the SHDA or other professional for things that can reduce risk or enhance the personsí quality of life. We would not normally assist if the request is for something that should be provided by statutory services e.g. chairs, shower, holiday etc. We are unable to pay toward debts, funeral expenses or travel.

Grants from branches of the HDA are from the funds which they raise locally. Each branch will be different and some may not have a grants system. Applications normally go to branches via the SHDA. Again there is a maximum amount of £350.00 in a 12 month period (some branches may set their own cap lower than this depending on funds available).

I hope this helps, Ruth.
thank you for the information