Return to HDA home page HDA Message Board
HDA About the HDA HDA What is HD HDA Juvenile HD HDA Children & Young People HDA Professionals HDA Resources HDA Research HDA HDA News HDA Events HDA Contact the HDA HDA Home Page

Outside of office hours if you need someone to speak to you can phone the Samaritans on 116 123

Go Back   HDA Message Board > Message Board Categories > Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups

Fundraising, events, summer camps, support groups Tell us about your UK fundraising activities and local meetings

Old 12-11-15, 09:55 PM   #1
Gabby
Approved Member

Default Fundraiser Concerns

I have recently seen a few posts about fundraising that have concerned me / made me wonder not wanting to sound like i am running anyone down for their efforts as this person is very enthusiastic but seems to be doing his own thing .
If someone is running events / setting up a support group under the HDA logo ie using their fundraising packs and documents for the fundraiser can they then use that group which they say is INDEPENDANT and events and declare they are raising money for a certain university for a particular research machine . It may be this has been agreed but i have my doubts .

Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-15, 11:39 PM   #2
Melody
Approved Member

Default Re: Fundraiser Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
I have recently seen a few posts about fundraising that have concerned me / made me wonder not wanting to sound like i am running anyone down for their efforts as this person is very enthusiastic but seems to be doing his own thing .
If someone is running events / setting up a support group under the HDA logo ie using their fundraising packs and documents for the fundraiser can they then use that group which they say is INDEPENDANT and events and declare they are raising money for a certain university for a particular research machine . It may be this has been agreed but i have my doubts .

I am confused Gabby, are the posts on the message board? Not quite sure what you are referring to...
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-15, 12:08 AM   #3
Gabby
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
I am confused Gabby, are the posts on the message board? Not quite sure what you are referring to...
Sorry no on Facebook
Old 13-11-15, 12:22 AM   #4
Melody
Approved Member

Quote:
Sorry no on Facebook
Ah thought I had missed something I know there are some lovely people doing great things, however, your reference to independent does concern me.....

Now we have a knight in shining armour here on the board (Allan) who can probably come back with a bit more info... I'm sure he has read your post and is probably tapping away and will come back with a reply.

Take care. x
Old 13-11-15, 12:25 AM   #5
Allan
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi Melody

Iím not certain but this might be the subject under debate:

26 September ∑
‪#‎thumbsupforhdand together as 1 all the way,,, I have a meeting in 3 weeks time with the plymouth researchers team who work on the cure for hd,, im going to look in to setting up where ever there's a peninsula medical foundation throught out england im going to set up day trips for the people close to hd and close to these center's to get you in and visit and talk to the magic maker's, , but im very loyal to the hda 100% but im also gonna being pushing the researchers work and there company they work for,, as I believe they both need to be pushed,, so this meeting is about how we all work it together so i shall be promoting the hda,, but at the same time the university of peninsula medication, , the more people who get involved the more awarness spread,, and the more chances of a cure being found ,, together as one ,,,,,,,

As you can see, though, itís not altogether current.

Old 13-11-15, 12:37 AM   #6
Melody
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan View Post
Hi Melody

Iím not certain but this might be the subject under debate:

26 September ∑
‪#‎thumbsupforhdand together as 1 all the way,,, I have a meeting in 3 weeks time with the plymouth researchers team who work on the cure for hd,, im going to look in to setting up where ever there's a peninsula medical foundation throught out england im going to set up day trips for the people close to hd and close to these center's to get you in and visit and talk to the magic maker's, , but im very loyal to the hda 100% but im also gonna being pushing the researchers work and there company they work for,, as I believe they both need to be pushed,, so this meeting is about how we all work it together so i shall be promoting the hda,, but at the same time the university of peninsula medication, , the more people who get involved the more awarness spread,, and the more chances of a cure being found ,, together as one ,,,,,,,

As you can see, though, itís not altogether current.

Our knight in shining armour comes to the fore..... Reading that, the grammar etc is dreadful... Is that what you are referring to Gabby?
Old 13-11-15, 12:41 AM   #7
Gabby
Approved Member

Quote:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...7&id=685592186
Old 13-11-15, 07:35 AM   #8
Gabby
Approved Member

Quote:
He applied to start a HDA support group and has done various fundraisers not sure if he was using hda fundraising kits but if raising the money for his own thumbs up campaign to buy a machine for his research uni near him . Nothing wrong in that but of doing it under HDA just wondered if he had discussed /had permission for funds he has collected to go direct to university.
when we are fundraising we use the HDA charity number so the funds go to them in the main the branches can use funds but they provide accounts . Who is accounting for the money that is being made in this case , last event no mention of how much money was raised .
Old 13-11-15, 09:44 AM   #9
Cupcake
Approved Member

There are issues with all of this, where I do not want to get involved, and this is where the moderator of the board could be picking this link up, and checking it out. There is another group though, that raised money locally themselves, with friends and followers and did not send the money in, actively said they were doing the fundraising wearing HD t shirts, and used the money for their group, so they could have activities, and help those on low incomes to be involved with the activities and projects. Maybe it all needs sorting out, as for what I can see fund raising that goes to HDA just lays wages, does not seem to give much back to the community.
Cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-15, 01:39 PM   #10
Kate
Approved Member

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The HDA is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board and adheres to a transparent and ethical fundraising practice, as advocated by the FRSB. We will make some enquiries.
Many thanks

Kate
Head of Fundraising
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote